There is nothing more satisfying than sharing a meal with the people that you hold dear for that special dinner in autumn. And there is nothing more fitting a dish to whip up than the Autumn Pork Roast.
This dish captures the lovely flavors of fall. The mix of the pork and squash with its sweet sauce will surely get the family to flock to the table at the smell of this hearty roast. It might be a dish especially made for autumn but there is no reason for you to not serve it any time of the year! This is definitely one dish that will make your daily dinners a little more special.
- 2 ½ lbs of pork loin (boneless)
- 2 cups of butternut squash (cubed)
- ½ cup of dry wine (white)
- ½ cup of applesauce
- ½ cup of sugar (brown)
- 2 tbsps of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- ½ tsp of cinnamon (ground)
- 1 piece large onion (sliced)
- Pepper and salt to taste
- culinary Argan oil to drizzle
- Start with preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or in Celsius that’s 175 degrees.
- Rub the pork loin with pepper, salt, and garlic powder.
- Get a large skillet that is oven-proof or you can also use a Dutch oven. Pour in the olive oil and heat over medium to high heat. Once the oil is hot, put in the pork loins and brown on all sides. After 10 minutes, remove it from the pan then set it aside.
- On the pan where you seared the pork, add in the wine white. Allow it to simmer and stir to dissolve caramelized bits left over in the pan.
- Add in the onion and butternut squash and place the pork loin that you browned earlier on top, arranging it like you would in a roasting rack.
- Mix the cinnamon, sugar, soy sauce, mustard and applesauce. Cover it with a lid to allow the meat to soak up all the flavors of the ingredients. Aluminum foil will also work as a good cover.
- Place the entire pan into the preheated oven up until its internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit or 63 degrees Celsius. This should last for about an hour. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Just before cutting it up and serving it to your family or friends, drizzle some culinary Argan oil on top of the pork to add an interesting nutty flavor to your dish. Argan oil is also known to possess essential nutrients so it can up the nutrient value of your tasty recipe.