When you become a parent, your priorities change. Your child becomes your number one priority and the rest takes the back seat. As a parent, you would want the best for your child. You’d want them surrounded by love and protected from harm. You want them to grow healthy and far from illnesses. The best way to protect your kids from getting sick is to make sure that they are getting essential nutrients from their everyday meals.
In today’s world where junk foods are everywhere, many children and young adults are suffering from different serious illnesses such as diabetes and heart diseases. No parent would want their children to suffer from these serious diseases or any illness at all. Parents are definitely faced today with a challenge of promoting good health in their kids. Fast food meals should be out of the menu or at least should be cut down to at least once or twice a month. But with many parents busy juggling work and parenting, many are finding it hard to ensure that healthy meals are prepared everyday at home for their kids.
But what if you learn that healthy meals are actually easy to prepare? Moms and dads take note of this healthy and delicious recipe for you and your kids to enjoy!
Easy Healthy Recipe
You’ll need only a few things for this healthy dish!
- Mixed of green leaves – You can get a mix of lettuce leaves and romaine leaves. These greens are packed with healthy nutrients such as Vitamin A, beta-carotene, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, folates, iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium and B-complex vitamins. Regular consumption of fresh lettuce is known to prevent cardiovascular diseases, osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s iron deficiency anemia and cancers.
- Apples – You are probably are very familiar with the saying an apple a day keeps the doctor away. And witn nutrients found in apple such as Vitamins A, C, E, K, B6, Bcomplex and folate this saying is very true. It is best to consume apples with the skin.
- White wine vinegar – You’ll need just enough to drizzle the leaves with.
- Moroccan Argan oil – This oil is packed with Vitamin E, essential fatty acids and numerous antioxidants. Vitamin E is a potent antioxidant which protects the body’s cells from getting damaged and essential fatty acids are healthy for the brain and heart.
- Chicken Breast or Fish – These two are great sources of protein. If you are using chicken, make sure that you take the skin off. The best fish to use is salmon or mackerel. But you can use any other fish you want.
- Wheat Bread – To complete the meal, you should have a source of carbohydrates and bread would be it.
- All you need to do is tear the leaves, slice the apples into bites and then put them in a plate. Drizzle Moroccan Argan oil and white wine vinegar on the leaves and apples and mix and set aside.
- Season the chicken or fish with salt and white wine vinegar. In a skillet, heat a bit of olive oil and cook the chicken or fish in it until browned. Slice the chicken or fish into bite sizes and mix in the salad.
- Serve with bread on the side.