Although bacon cheeseburger is an all-time favourite in barbecue get togethers, a little change wouldn’t hurt. If you have been grilling nothing but cheeseburgers you should give your barbecue party menu a makeover. Ever tried grilling pizza or perhaps flatbreads in your summer parties? Well if you haven’t, it is time to get experimental. You’re just in luck as we have for you a pizza and flatbread recipe in one! You can serve this as your appetiser or even as the main dish!
Pizza Flatbread Recipe
Before you get too excited with this change in your menu, here are the ingredients you would need.
- Cream Cheese – Get an 8-ouncer packagae of the softened type.
- Parmesan Cheese – You will need 2/3 cup. It is best to get the grated parmesan cheese. But if you can’t just grate the cheese yourself. Divide the cheese.
- Fresh Parsley – Mince 2 tablespoons of parsley and divide them.
- Chives – Mince about 1 tablespoon of chives.
- Garlic – For this recipe, just mince 2 garlic cloves.
- Thyme – You’ll need to use the fresh ones. Mince about half a teaspoon.
- Salt – About 1/4 teaspoon is enough.
- Pepper – You’ll also need around 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Pizza Crust – If you have the time, you can make your own crust. But if you want to save time you can get a tube or 13.8 ounces of refrugerated pizza crust from your local grocery store.
- culinary Argan oil – 2 tablespoons is enough.
- Tomatoes – You will only need 3 medium tomatoes. Make sure that you slice them thinly.
Time to Get Those Hands Working
Here’s how to go abour peparing the pizza flatbread!
- Get a small bowl with enough space for mixing the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese (1/3 cup), parsley (a tablespoon), chives, garlic, thyme, salt as well as the pepper. You’ll need to give these ingredients a good beating so that they blend well.
- Move on to unrolling the crust and cut it in half. You should prepare the surface where you would unroll the crust. See to it that before you do the unrolling that you have already floured the surface. You’ll need to roll out each of the portion until you shape them in rectangular pieces. Once done, get your brush and dip it into the Argan oil and start brushing each side of your crusts.
- Turn on your grill to medium heat and start grilling the crusts. You should cover the grill and wait about 1 to 2 minutes. Check if the bottom part of the crusts are slightly browned. Once they are, remove them from the grill.
- On the browned side of each crust, start spreading the cheese mixture on them. Get your leftover Parmesan cheese and sprinkle each crust with it and put tomatoes as a topping. Once you’re done doing this in all of the crusts, it’s time to get them back on the grill again. With the cover on, grill for about 2 to 3 minutes. You’ll know that they’re ready to be served when the crusts are lightly browned and the cheese melted. It is best to bite into these cheesy pizza flatbread hot off the grill. As a finishing touch, sprinkle each crust with the leftover parsley.