Many women love to style their hair. You might actually be one of those who love changing hairstyles from straight to curly, wavy to blonde, brown and other colours. Changing hair styles is fun and can change your appearance however are you aware that these hair treatments actually hurt your hair?
Hair treatments can dry up your hair and leave it brittle. This is because the chemicals used in these hair treatments rob the hair of its natural oils and moisture. Did you also know that blow drying your hair also leaves your hair stripped of its moisture?
There may be some things that you do regularly which actually damage your hair and there may be some things you are not doing that actually can help you have smooth and silky hair. In caring for your hair there are two sets of things you need to know. You need to know what to avoid doing and you need to know what to start doing.
Here are tips on what you should avoid doing to your hair.
- Going for hair treatments in succession – If you want to avoid having to deal with dry hair you should show some kindness to your hair and do not undergo hair treatments one after the other. Wait until your hair has regained its health from the previous treatment before having it undergo another treatment.
- Showering for too long – Water washes off the hair’s natural oils and moisture. You should limit your shower time for at most 15 minutes to avoid stripping off the hair of its essential oils and moisture. You should also stop using hot water on your showers or baths. Hot water will wipe clean your hair of its oils and moisture much more and faster than cold water would do.
- Using shampoo everyday – You should just wash your hair with shampoo at most twice in a week. The chemicals in the shampoo you use will also dry out your hair if lathered unto the scalp and hair everyday.
- Exposing the hair to elements – Your hair when exposed to the elements such as the wind, sun and cold temperature robs the hair of its natural moisture. You may notice that after being outdoors on a windy day or a hot summer day your hair looks and feels dry. In the winter many also actually suffer from dry hair. Make sure to wear a hat when exposed to the elements.
So what should you be doing to keep your hair smooth and silky?
- Condition galore! You should be applying conditioner to your hair as often as you can. Your hair loses its natural moisture everyday and you should introduce moisture back to your hair everyday to avoid having dry, frizzy and brittle hair.
- Use Argan oil as your hair conditioner. This is one of the best hair care products you can get for your hair. The Argan oil does not only add and lock in moisture to your hair it also brings back the lustre of your hair. The oil is packed with Vitamin E and antioxidants that help in repairing damaged hair.
By following the hair care dos and don’ts you would definitely bring your hair back to health.