Your feet do a lot for you. They bear the weight of your body every day and they don’t complain when you slip them into those high heels you love or those pointed-toe shoes you can’t live without. Why not treat your feet to a spa day to pay them back for all they do for you?
Benefits of Treating Your Feet to a Spa Treatment
Because your feet do so much, they’re prone to problems, especially if you frequently wear high heels. Your feet can get bunions, callouses, blisters and rough spots. Plus, they may ache after a long day of walking, standing or fitting into tight shoes.
When you give your feet a spa treatment, not only will you reduce any aches, but you’ll soften your skin and make your feet look better which is important when it’s sandal season and time to show off those toes. You’ll have no problem wearing shoes that show off your feet when you take care of them and know they look fantastic!
How to Make a Pampering Spa Treatment for Your Feet
Make sure you have all the necessary tools and accessories for your foot spa treatment. You’ll need:
- Nail polish remover
- Nail clippers
- Nail file
- Foot bath
- Gentle cleanser
- Argan oil
- Pumice stone
- Cuticle pusher
- Nail polish
Step-by-Step Spa Treatment
Ready to make your feet soft and beautiful? Follow these steps:
- Remove any old nail polish from your nails with the polish remover.
- Clip your toenails if needed and file them to a square shape.
- Fill your foot bath with warm water, cleanser and several drops of argan oil.
- Soak your feet for 10-15 minutes.
- Use the pumice stone to rub off any rough spots, especially around the heel.
- Gently use the cuticle pusher to push back your cuticles.
- Refill the foot bath with clean, warm water and continue to soak your feet for another 20 minutes.
- Dry your feet with a soft towel.
- While your feet are still slightly damp, massage several drops of argan oil into them, paying attention to the heels and cuticles.
- Take your time with the massage to increase the circulation in your feet and soothe any aches.
- Give yourself a pedicure with your favorite nail polish.
You don’t have to pay a lot of money to get your feet looking beautiful. A spa treatment is something you can do at home, with items you already have on hand. You’ll save time and money by doing it yourself.
Why Use Argan Oil?
Argan oil makes a great moisturizer because it’s natural, non-irritating to the skin and it absorbs easily. It contains Vitamin E and fatty acids that work to hydrate the skin. It will also moisturize any dry, cracked areas on your feet and help to soothe any aches. When you use natural products like argan oil, you’ll get great results.