No one wants a bowl of cereals for breakfast every day. Our taste buds can get bored with the taste that they start tasting stale. We don’t want that to happen as cereals (those fortified with nutrients and not coated in too much sugar) are quite healthy and are a real time-saver. But to eat a bowlful every morning can get boring. So why not perk up your mornings with a different breakfast!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You need all the energy you can get for the busy day ahead. Many of us would say that we don’t have the time to tinker around in the kitchen and whip up a breakfast meal. But the truth is there are quite a lot of breakfast recipes that are quick and easy to prepare. French toast for example takes just 10 minutes to prepare!
Here is a delicious French Toast recipe!
This recipe serves 2 and takes just 10 minutes to prepare. If you are serving breakfast for more people then just do the adjustments on the ingredients! Here are the things you will need!
- Egg – All you need is 1 large egg.
- Milk – You’ll need half a cup. It is ideal to use low-fat milk.
- Cinnamon – You need about a quarter teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Bread – For this recipe, you need 4 slices of whole-wheat bread.
- Butter – Use the unsalted one. You need just 1 tablespoon.
- Maple Syrup – You need 2 tablespoons.
- Raspberry Jam – You also need 2 tablespoons.
- Confectioners’ Sugar – This is optional. Just use enough for dusting.
Be sure to include these food items in your groceries so you can whip up a delicious French toast for your breakfast at least once or twice a week! Time to get busy with your hands!
- Get a shallow bowl ans start whisking the egg with the milk and cinnamon. Don’t over whisk.
- Get the bread slices and dip one at a time in the mixture. Make sure that you dip both sides so that the mixture coats the entire bread. You can also dip the bread once you’re ready to put it in the pan.
- Grab a large skillet and start melting the butter in it over a medium heat. Put in the coated bread slices, two at a time if they fit or if not just do it one at a time. Cook the bread for 3 minutes each side or until it reaches a golden brown color.
- Get a small bowl and start combining the maple syrup and raspberry jam.
- Once done cooking all the bread, start dusting them with the sugar. You can skip this part though if you think sprinkling sugar on the bread would make your French toast too sweet for your taste.
- Top the french toast with the maple and raspberry jam mixture or serve it on the side!
Call out your loved ones for breakfast and pretty sure they’ll come rushing to the table! Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or fresh lemonade or orange juice!
Love waking up to this breakfast? Help your friends and relatives have a wonderful breakfast by sharing this recipe on your Facebook, Twitter or through email!