Many women long to have long, shiny and beautiful hair. While many of the ladies spend thousand of dollars just to enhance their crowning glory, having gorgeous hair is not really difficult to achieve. There is no need to purchase very pricey hair products and go to high-end salons. So keep your money in your pocket.
What it takes is self-discipline and commitment to take care of your hair properly. Add a tad of patience and you are not too far from your dream of having great hair. So what are you waiting for? Grow your hair long and keep it shiny and perfect by following these easy steps.
Tips To Have Long And Shiny Hair
- Always keep your hair clean. This is the number one cardinal rule to having healthy hair. It is wise to determine your hair type and shampoo your hair as often as you need to according to its type.For example, you can shampoo oily hair regularly while you can shampoo dry hair every other day. Use lukewarm instead of hot water. The latter strips sebum off the scalp. Sebum is the natural oil produced by the skin that serves as protective oil and works as a natural conditioner to keep the hair shiny.
- Keep off heat from your hair. Heat can have drastic effects on your hair making it dry and prone to breakage. Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun. Do not use blow dryers and hair irons everyday. You can use sunscreen with at least an SPF of 15 when you are going out for too long to avoid the sun’s harmful UV rays from damaging your hair. On normal days, lay off the blow dryers and just air dry your hair to give it some rest from all that heat.
- Apply conditioner. Dry hair is more prone to damage and its dull and rough appearance is not too pleasant to look at as well. The mere act of combing your hair can break dry hair. Conditioners prevent your hair from getting too dry. Condition your hair everyday and use intense deep conditioners at least once a week. Also, it is important to choose your conditioners. Use natural products that do not contain harmful chemicals.
- Eat a healthy diet. Healthy hair is the result of a healthy body. As you know, hair loss is caused by high salt, high fat and vitamin and protein low diets. Maintain a diet that is abundant in nutrients and vitamins that enhance hair growth.Fresh fruits and vegetables are loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that promote not just a great body but also great hair. Seafood especially fish like tuna and salmon are charged with omega 3 and omega 9. These essential fatty acids assist in nourishing your long and healthy hair.
- Use Moroccan Argan oil as maintenance. Argan oil is laden with antioxidants and nutrients that increase hair growth and nourish hair. Its Vitamin E component assists in repairing damage caused by various factors. It does not contain harmful chemicals since it is 100% organic.