If you want beautiful hair you need to feed yourself certain foods that promote its health. Sounds much like a tip you have heard for beautiful and healthy skin? The truth is if you want to have healthy skin and healthy hair you need to eat healthy foods. Beauty is really from the inside! The nutrients you put in your body will be revealed on the outside. So if you are munching on healthy meals, your hair will definitely show this!
So what then should you be including in your meals if you want beautiful and healthy hair?
Foods for Healthy Hair
- Salmon – Salmon is delicious whether it’s baked, steamed, grilled or even raw (salmon sashimi). Did you know that salmon promotes healthy and beautiful crowning glory? How so? The fish is packed with essential omega 3-fatty acids and Omega 3 actually promotes healthy scalp. Salmon also contains B-12 as well as iron and these nutrients help prevent drying of the scalp. Not fond of eating fish? You can eat flaxseed instead.
- Spinach – Popeye’s favourite snack is actually good not just for your hair but for your overall health. When it comes to leafy greens, the darker the colour is the healthier they are. Dark leafy greens are loaded with Vitamin A and Vitamin C which are 2 of the most potent antioxidants. Vitamins A and C aid in the production of oils in your hair follicles which moisturise hair and give your hair that natural silky shine!
- Beans – Whether you call beans as legumes, one thing is for sure, they are great for your hair. Loaded with protein, iron, zinc and biotin, beans make your hair stronger and preventing them from becoming brittle.
- Nuts – Want to snack on something healthy? Then snack on nuts! Nuts are packed with nutrients having moisturising properties. Your hair will definitely be smooth and silky with nuts!
- Poultry – Turkey and chicken are also great for your hair! If you want to avoid hair breakage and maintain your hair colour then don’t forget about including chicken and turkey in your meals!
- Yogurt and Milk – Milk and yogurt both have very high concentrations of calcium. Calcium is essential in hair growth. It is best to go for low-fat yogurt and skim milk.
- Eggs – You may have already been using eggs in your hair care routine, but did you know that consuming eggs regularly will also help in promoting a health head of hair?
- Sea kelp – Want a healthy hair growth as well as shiny and healthy hair? Then you should consider greatly adding sea kelp in your diet!
Moroccan Argan Oil for Healthy Hair
The Moroccan Argan oil is a wonderful hair product. It is loaded with antioxidants which effective protect hair from damage as well as repair damaged hair. It also contains essential fatty acids which nourish hair, making it stronger!