Nothing spells summer more than the smell of grilled barbecue wafting through the air. Indeed the summer season has already announced its presence and many of us are busy with grilling and catching up with friends. A summer barbecue get together will not be complete without the all-time favourite bacon cheeseburger.
Bacon cheeseburgers should be juicy and flavour packed. If yours is not at all juicy then you’re missing out the good stuff. Here’s a great recipe for that juicy bacon cheeseburger you would love biting into. Remember to control your eating! You might have one too many and that is not at all good for your health!
Oh So Juicy Bacon Cheeseburger
Before you get too excited, let us start with the things you will need!
This recipe serves 4 so if you are expecting more than 4 guests, do the adjustments on your ingredients.
- Onion – You’ll need to chop your onion fine. Make sure that you have 2 tablespoonfuls.
- Catsup – You’ll also need just 2 tablespoons.
- Garlic – You will need just a clove. Mince it well.
- Sugar – A teaspoon is enough.
- Worcestershire Sauce – You will also need just a teaspoon.
- Steak Sauce – Just a teaspoonful will do.
- Cider Vinegar – A quarter teaspoon is all you would need.
- Ground Beef – You’ll need 1 pound of ground beef. This will serve 4 people already.
- Cheddar Cheese – Since this recipe is for 4, just four slices will do.
- Burger Buns – For this recipe, you’ll need just 4. But if your recipe is for more than 4 people, just make sure you’ll have enough for all of your guests. Split them open and grill them.
- Bacon – You’ll need about 8 strips of bacon.
- Greens – Don’t forget to add lettuce or pickle slices.
It’s Prep Time!
You’re probably all excited to start grilling. First off, you’ll need to make your patties. Get a large bowl where you would put in the first 7 things listed in the ingredients. Once done, it is time to use your hands. With your hands, start crumbling the ground beef and mix it well with the mixture you just did. Shape them into patties by making a ball at first then slamming it back and forth on your two palms.
Time for Grilling
Finally you are ready to grill! Set your grill to medium heat and grill the patties for 3 minutes on each side. You can use a meat thermometer to check on the meat. Once your thermometer reads 160° celsius then those patties are ready. But before removing them from heat, place a slice of cheese on top of each of the patties and grill for a minute more or until the cheese melts. You can choose to drizzle the patties with culinary Argan oil for a healthy and nutty kick. Put the buns on the grill and once toasted place the patty and cheese on the bun and top with onions and your greens. It’s best to bite into these juicy babies fresh off the grill!