We refer to our hair as our crowning glory and that is for a good reason. Your hair can be turned into your most attractive feature if you know certain hair care techniques. So let us start with the basics.
Hair Care Basics
- If you are experiencing hair breakage, you can minimize its occurrence by making sure that your hair is thoroughly wet before applying shampoo. Place a quarter-sized dollop on your palm and rub your palms together before applying the shampoo to your hair. Let the shampoo stay for at most 30 seconds before rinsing it off with cool water.
- Distribute your hair’s natural oils evenly to the scalp by using a brush. Brush the hair from the back to the front and keep brushing until your scalp feels a bit tingly then with your fingertips, give your scalp a massage.
- Before drying your hair with a blow dryer, tap dry it first with a towel. By doing so, you’ll save your hair from getting damaged because of too much heat and save both time and energy consumption.
- If your hair is often plagued by static electricity, dampen the hair brush before using it on your hair.
- You can prevent hair breakage by not brushing the hair while it is still wet. For snarls, use a comb.
- If your hair is dull and lifeless, you may need to change your diet as dull and lifeless hair can indicate poor diet. Try cutting down your intake of foods high in cholesterol and unhealthy fats. You should follow a balanced diet and make sure that you include fruits and vegetables especially those rich in biotin.
- For permed hair, give those curls some perking up by giving your hair a light mist of fresh water and pushing the curls into place.
- If you just dyed your hair, don’t shampoo it right away. Wait at least 48 hours so that the color gets sealed.
- If the use of conditioner, styling gel or hair spray makes your scalp prone to residue build up, baking soda can help tackle this problem. Mix a tablespoon of baking soda to your shampoo and use it at least once a week. Dry and rinse like you normally do.
- Did you know that beer is great for removing residue from the hair? Pour about 6 tablespoons of beer in a cup of warm water then use it as a final rinse.
- If you suffer from dry hair, use hair products with potent moisturizing prowess. The Moroccan Argan oil is a great hair moisturizer because of its ingredients such as Vitamin E, essential fatty acids and Sterols. The oil also comes with antioxidants which give the hair protection against the damaging effects of free radicals.
These are the basics to getting that healthy and beautiful hair you’ve always dreamed of.
Like our Facebook page and share these hair care tips to your friends.