Who doesn’t love a good halibut steak? This recipe is great if you’re craving some soft white fish meat paired with a nice, spicy flavor. This’ll have the whole family come running to the table. And we made this halibut steak recipe even tastier. Find out our secret added ingredient!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Coriander seeds – A teaspoon is enough.
- Cumin seeds – You’ll also need just one teaspoon.
- Fennel seeds – Half a teaspoon will do.
- Red pepper – About 1/8 of a teaspoon will give you that spicy taste. It’s best to crush them.
- Olive oil – You’ll need about 2 ½ tablespoons, preferably use the extra-virgin type.
- Halibut steaks – You’ll need 4 for this recipe with each weighing about half a pound and measuring an inch thick at least.
- Pepper and Salt – Best to use freshly ground pepper. Use as much or as little according to taste.
- Culinary Argan oil – This is the secret ingredient. Just one or two drizzles before serving give the steaks a powerful nutty taste and one great punch of healthy nutrients! The oil is loaded with Vitamin E and other antioxidants plus unsaturated essential fatty acids. These nutrients are great for body’s immune system, the heart and the brain.
- Kick things off by toasting the coriander, cumin and fennel seeds in a small skillet. Make sure to use medium heat in toasting. Once the seeds give out their lovely aroma, they’re ready to be crushed. Throw in the seeds in the mortar and start grinding them with the pestle. Throw in the red peppers as well.
- Once you’re done grinding the spices, put them back in the skillet and add the two tablespoons of olive oil and let it warm. After, pour the mixture through a tea strainer (or any kind of fine strainer) to keep any large spice particles from remaining in the oil.
- In a separate skillet, take the remaining half a tablespoon of olive oil and start heating it. Start seasoning the fish with salt and pepper. Make sure that each side of the strip is covered. Once done seasoning the fish start placing them in the skillet. Each strip should take about five minutes to thoroughly cook, or until each side has turned brown. Here’s a little secret. Once the fish is cooked keep it over the heat for an extra three minutes.
- Once the fish is done, you’re ready to plate! Place the halibut strips on separate plates. You may then use the spiced oil from earlier to top the steak. Add in other meal components like rice and you’re good to go.
- Don’t forget your secret ingredient! Drizzle the steak with culinary Argan oil right before serving! This nutty kick of extra flavour will surely be loved plus one or two drizzles will give your dish that nutritious boost!
Here’s a winning recipe that you should try! Don’t forget to spread your good taste! Like and Share this post to everyone you know!