You probably have been hearing people talk about antioxidants and your good doctor may have been advising you to eat up on fruits and vegetables that are packed with antioxidants. For the average Joes and Janes (like yourstruly) when the word “antioxidants” is mentioned we may think of it as some other thing rather than what they really are.
So What are Antioxidants?
Antioxidants are substances that naturally occur. They slow down ageing and protect the body from serious and chronic diseases such as heart diseases, skin diseases and even cancer..
How Antioxidants Protect the Body
If antioxidants are our body’s friend free radicals are our enemies. Well, too much of free radicals that is. Free radicals when they oxidize produce damaging effects to the body. The body’s cells sustain damage and harsh beating when free radicals oxidize. Antioxidants neutralize the oxidation of free radicals therefore reducing them and preventing cellular damage from occuring.
Learn more about antioxidants in our newest article, “A Full Guide on Head-to-Toe Antioxidant Benefits“.
Where can you get antioxidants from?
Moroccan Argan Oil
One good source of antioxidants is the Moroccan Argan oil. This oil comes in two types, the cosmetic and the culinary oil. The cosmetic type is popularly used by many women and men all aorund the globe on the skin, hair and nails. Since this precious oil is rich in antioxidants, the skin is protected from the harsh effects of free radicals and therefore maintained youthful and vibrant.
Antioxidants Found in Moroccan Argan Oil
- Vitamin E – The oil is loaded with Vitamin E which is a potent fat soluble antioxidant. Vitamin E aids in the development and growth of skin cells and is a nourishment to skin cells. Vitamin E effectively prevents the skin cells’ cellular membranes from getting damaged.
- Polyphenol Antioxidant – The oil also contains Polyphenol antioxidant which gives the skin relief from allergies and prevents skin ageing.
- Ferulic Acid – Ferulic acid is also found in the oil. Ferulic acid has antioxidant properties and is effective is slowing down skin ageing. Ferulic acid also protects the skin from the harmful effects of Ultra Violet rays.
- Carotenoids – These are potent antioxidants and protect the skin from the harsh and damaging effects of free radicals. Signs of skin ageing are also prevented by Carotenoids.
If you want to prevent skin ageing and protect your skin from damages apply this oil on your skin regularly The culinary Argan oil contains the same antioxidants! You can drizzle this rare and precious oil over your grilled fish, grilled meat, salads, soups and stews. If you want to protect your body from serious diseases such as heart diseases or cancer, use this antioxidant powerhouse oil as your drizzle.
Other Sources of Antioxidants
- Green Tea – Green tea contains polyphenols which are antioxidants. By drinking green tea everyday, you are controlling the damages caused by free radicals. The antioxidant property of polyphenols can help in wiping out the visible damages on the skin such as blemishes and wrinkles.
- Grapes – Grapes are actually believed to be one of the best sources of antioxidants. Grapes contain Proanthocyanidin which is helpful in preventing damage on skin cells.