You probably are thrilled planning another backyard get together. The summer season isa time to grill, grill and grill some more. The smell of grilled meat wafting in the air announces that the summer season is in full swing.
Trying to figure out how to make your grill menu healthier? If you have relatives and guests suffering from a serious disease such as diabetes, you would not want to serve dishes that would compromise their health and well being. Of course you want everyone to enjoy tasteful dishes but at the same time healthy ones. Here’s a diabetic friendly recipe for Beef Sliders Hawaiaan style!
This delicious slider recipe is a combination of sweetness, savory flavours with just a hint of spiciness. Ever matched bacon with pineapple? If you haven’t you’ll be surprised how well these two contrasting flavours are actually a perfect match!
This slider recipe is very easy to handle. You just need half an hour to prepare and 10 minutes to cook these babies in the grill! We won’t delay you any further. Here’s the recipe for these flavourful beef sliders!
Flavour-Packed Beef Sliders Hawaiaan Style
If this summer season, you did not have the budget to spend a vacation in Hawaii, bring some of Hawaii’s flavour into your backyard! Let’s get on with the ingredients!
- Crushed Pineapple – Get a can of the unsweetened 20-ouncer. Drain but set aside the juice. You’ll need about 3/4 cups of the pineapple.
- Pepper – Just a teaspoon will do.
- Salt – A quarter teaspoon is enough.
- Ground Beef – You’ll need 1 and a half pounds of about 90% lean ground beef. This recipe serves 6 so if you are serving for more you’ll need to make the adjustments on the ingredients.
- Soy Sauce – Best to use the reduced-sodium type. You’ll need just a quarter cup.
- Catsup – 2 tablespoons is enough.
- White Vinegar – A tablespoon will do.
- Garlic – Mince 2 cloves.
- Red Pepper Flakes – Crush about 1/4 teaspoon.
- Baby spinach leaves – Use as much as you like.
- Bacon – 3 strips will be enough. Cook and crumble them.
- Buns – It’s best to use whole wheat ones.
Prepping the Sliders
- Get a large bowl and mix together the curshed pineapple, pepper and salt. Get your beef and crumble them over the mixture. Be sure to mix them well. Get your hands working and make 18 patties. Get 2 rectangular dishes and place 9 patties on each..
- Get a smaller bowl and mix the soy sauce, catsup, vinegar, pepper flakes, garlic and the pineapple juice. Pour half of the marinade in each dish. Put a cover on the dishes and place them on your fridge for about an hour. Make sure to turn them after half an hour.
- After an hour, drain out the marinade. You’re ready to grill! Start coating your grill with cooking oil and over medium heat start grilling your patties with the cover on. Each side should be grilled for about 4-5 minutes. Once done, drizzle the patties with Moroccan Argan oil for a healthier kick of flavour! Start grilling the buns uncovered. Serve the beef sliders on buns with the remaining pineapples , bacon, and baby spinach!