When your skin is glowing people would actually tell you that you look so happy and in good health. Our skin is actually one of the first tell tale signs of being unhealthy and sad. Most people would say that true beauty is skin deep however the look and feel of the skin are two signs of beauty and health.
If you want to say goodbye to your drab look and dull complexion then there are habits that you need to throw out and new habits to start getting used to. Getting a beautiful and healthy skin is actually just about living a healthy lifestyle and protecting the skin properly from the effects of elements that damage the skin.
Easy Steps to a Beautiful and Healthy Skin
Looking after your skin is a commitment that needs constant follow through. The good news is that your dream of having that smooth, soft and clear skin is actually very possible to achieve. Here are very easy steps on how to get that dream skin you have been praying for.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep. The skin cells regenerate and repair its damaged cells and tissues at night. The process happens only when the body sleeps during the night time. If you always stay up or out too late for whatever reason it is time to change that habit.
- Step up to a healthier diet. Say goodbye to greasy and oily meals. Yes, we are talking about your take outs from fast food chains. You should eat a well balanced meal complete with carbohydrates, proteins, fibres and essential fats. Don’t be too surprised that you need to eat fats. There are actually two types of fats. The type of fats that does your body good and the other type that does damage. The fats that you would want to include in your meals are those from fish. Fats from fish actually contain a high amount of Omega 3 fatty acids which is very beneficial to the skin.
- Drink lots of water. You should drink at least 8 glasses to 10 glasses of water daily. This is so you can keep your skin hydrated.
- Apply sunscreen lotion daily. The sun’s UV rays are actually quite harsh to the skin especially if you are exposed unprotected. Your DNA and collagen are damaged from deep down when exposed to the sun’s UV rays. You might not see the effects of the sun’s UV rays just yet but wrinkles and fine lines are sure to appear on your skin if you continue exposing your skin under the sun’s UV rays unprotected. Keep in mind the number 15 when it comes to sunscreen lotion. Your sunscreen lotion should at least have an SPF of 15 and to apply the lotion 15 minutes before going out your door.
- Apply moisturiser to your skin everyday. The Argan oil greatly moisturises the skin with its Vtamin E, Sterols, Prostaglandins and essential unsaturated fatty acids. The Argan oil also contains anti skin aging properties.
These steps will definitely lead you to a healthy, beautiful and glowing skin.