When it comes to getting beautiful, healthy and youthful skin, many would turn to beauty products. The market is saturated with different kinds having all sorts of promises and guarantees. There are products that would work, however many of these products would just dry out your pockets and not give you the results you want.
With our modern progress, we tend to only rely on the latest inventions and experiments from our modern laboratories for our skin care regimen. We have forgotten about the traditional methods that are just as effective. Since ancient times, our ancestors have discovered natural ways of caring for the skin. They have used the beauty gifts of Mother Nature. Another natural way to care for the skin is eating right. It has been said that beautiful skin is a clear reflection of a sound digestive system. Most people suffering from skin disorders such as acne, rosacea, psoriasis and the likes also have digestive problems. Most commonly they suffer from constipation, a leaky gut, an imbalance in good and bad bacteria and other digestive conditions.
There are two main causes of digestive problems. What are they? Let’s find out.
- Not Drinking Enough Water – When you don’t drink enough water, you are most likely to get digestive problems. Water is very important in maintaining the skin and your digestive system in good health. Water keeps the cells hydrated. It also helps in eliminating toxins and other waste materials in the body which in turn prevents constipation and other digestive problems.
- Not Eating Enough Fiber – These days, not many people eat fiber. In fact, statistics show that on average, a person only consume 12 grams of fiber in a day which is quite too low than the daily recommended intake. In the year 2002, the National Academy of Sciences and Food and Nutrition Board advised that men who are 19 – 50 years old should consume at least 38 grams of fiber in a day while men aged 50 and over should eat 31 grams of fiber in a day. Women who are 19 to 50 years old should consume at least 25 grams of fiber while those over 50 years old should consume at least 21 grams of fiber.
To avoid digestive problems and achieve a healthy and beautiful skin, you should practice drinking enough water and adding enough fiber on your diet. Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. To make sure that you are getting enough fiber, here are some tips.
- Make whole grains a part of your diet. Instead of refined, go for whole grain products.
- Have an apple a day. It will not just keep the doctor away, it will keep your skin healthy and beautiful.
- Cauliflower and other leafy greens are great sources of fiber.
Keep your tummy happy and your skin will show it! Remember these tips when you want beautiful and healthy skin.
Share this post to everyone you know. Ask your friends to like our Facebook page and we’ll keep writing more tips on health and beauty!