Are you one of those people who love having beautiful nails? Do you often wear nail polish to make them more attractive? Many people think that as long as their nails have a pretty colour or have been styled they have healthy and beautiful nails. Many are wrong to think this. Healthy and beautiful nails is not just about pretty colours. Take a good look at your nails without the colours and nail accessories. Can you say that they are healthy?
Healthy nails are beautiful nails. That’s the way people should see it. Stop focusing on what colour or what style you would have on your nails. Start first with ensuring that they are healthy.
Healthy is Beautiful
Proper caring for your nails is easy and can be done without having to splurge money in nail salons. Here are tips on how you can look after your nails properly.
- Watch what you eat. – Definitely whatever it is you feed your body will be reflected by your entire body including of course your nails. If unhealthy meals such as cheesebrugers, pizza, french fries rule your diet then you can’t expect your nails to be healthy. Start eating fruits and vegetables packed with Vitamin E and other antioxidants, protein packed meat, Omega-rich fish and healthy carbohydrates to make your nails healthy.
- Protection is essential. – We are talking about protection for your nails. Wear a rubber! A pair of rubber gloves that is. You need to have a pair of rubber gloves when doing household chores such as your laundry and dishes. Detergents and dishwashing soaps have harsh chemicals that will make your nails brittle. Water also can make your nails brittle. Keep your hands clean and dry as much as possible.
- Take extra precaution – If you tend to your garden or you love carpentry, you should take extra precaution. Wear gardening gloves or work gloves to protect your hands and nails. Also be extra attentive to avoid breaking your nails or getting scrapes, scratches or other injuries.
- Moisturise your nails. – You may be keen on coating your nails with nail polish but you should pay more importance on keeping them moisturise. Moisturise your nails with a potent moisturiser such as the Moroccan Argan oil. Argan oil is loaded with Vitamin E and unsaturated essential fatty acids which would help nails grow healthy and strong.
- Trim your nails regularly. – Short nails means lesser chance of your nails snagging, chipping and tearing. If you want less nail breakage then trim your nails regularly. Of course trim them with the right tools, a nail clipper or nail scissors and not your teeth.
If you follow these tips, you would sure have healthy and beautiful nails!