The summer is the best season for fruit smoothies. Fruit smoothies can be a filling snack, a great and energizing breakfast for people on the go, a nutritious drink and definitely they are a healthy option at any given time. Here are quenchers that would surely relieve you from the scorching heat and give your health a boost.
Healthy Smoothie Recipes
Pomegranate and Berry Smoothie
What do you get when you throw in pomegranate juice, berries, a banana and cottage cheese in a blender? A smoothie that you’ll be craving for all summer long!
- Frozen mixed berries – You will need about 2 cups.
- Pomegranate juice – A cupful is enough.
- Banana – You will need 1 medium-sized banana.
- Non fat cottage cheese – Half a cup will do.
- Water or Ice – You will also need about half a cup.
Now that you have the ingredients, let’s start making the smoothie.
Simply throw in all of the ingredients in your blender and blend until you get to a smooth consistency. Best served and consumed right away.
Orange Berry Smoothie
Orange juice and berries are a great combination. Both are great sources of carbohydrates and very powerful antioxidants. This summer season, your body will need as much protection as it can get since you’ll be out and about and under the intense heat of the sun.
- Fresh berries – You will need 1 and quarter cup.
- Plain yogurt – You will need 3 quarters of a cup. You may want to use the low fat version.
- Orange juice – Half a cup is all you will need.
- Non-fat dry milk – 2 tablespoonfuls is enough.
- Toasted wheat germ – A tablespoon is enough.
- Honey – You will need about 1 tablespoon.
- Vanilla extract – Half a teaspoon will do.
These are all the ingredients you need for this citrusy and oh so berry smoothie.
Put all of the ingredients in your blender and blend until everything is smooth. Voila! You now have your very fruity, refreshing and healthy smoothie.
A Morning Jumpstarter Smoothie
Still have a stash of berries frozen in your freezer? Make yourself a wake-up drink with berries and just a few more ingredients.
- Frozen berries – You’ll need about 1 and 1/4 cups. It can be a mix of different berries such as blueberries, strawberries and raspberries.
- Banana – You’ll only need 1 piece.
- Orange juice – Use about 1 1/4 cups.
- Yogurt – You need just half a cup. You can also use low fat silken tofu as a substitute.
- Sugar – This is optional. If you do want to add sugar use only a tablespoon.
Time to make your nutritious smoothie to jump start your day. This is so simple and quick to prepare which makes it great for people on the go.
Throw in all the ingredients in a blender and blend until you get a creamy consistency. Enjoy your smoothie.
Try out these healthy smoothies.
Like our Facebook page and share these healthy smoothie recipes to your friends.