If you want to make a good impression especially on things that involve business and your career, you should give your nails proper attention.
A clean and properly groomed set of nails is what you want to be known for and not otherwise as this can negatively impact your image and ruin your chances of getting a good impression when meeting someone for the first time. Plus unclean and poorly kept set of nails is not good to your health. Your hands touch almost everything everywhere and your nails can catch dirt, grime and some infectious organisms somewhere along the way. If you often bite your nails or if you have a habit of touching your face, most likely these infectious organisms can find a way in to your system and cause infection.
For these reasons it is important that you follow a good nail care system.
Here are 12 nail care tips that will not only help your nails become a positive aspect of your image and help you maintain your good health.
- Wash your hands often and make sure to give your nails a good cleaning too.
- Before filing your nails, be sure that they are completely dry.
- Use a fine emery board in shaping your nails and never use a metal file.
- To avoid nail breakage, file your nails into an oval shape and not pointed.
- Give your cuticles a gentle exfoliation once they become dry and rough to give way to new cuticle skin.
- Avoid over manicuring your cuticles as this would only lead to damage. Over-grooming can also cause thickening and overgrowth.
- You should see to it that you never use any sharp instrument or any instrument made of metal on your cuticles.
- If you would be doing any task that would immerse your hands in water regardless if it’s only for a short time or not, you should wear protection. Use a pair of rubber gloves to protect your nails from the drying effects of water. Water can also turn your nails brittle.
- Coat the tips of your nails with a nail strengthener.
- Keep your nails and cuticles moisturized by applying Argan oil on them. Argan oil is loaded with potent moisturizers such as Vitamin E, essential fatty acids and Sterols. The oil is also loaded with powerful antioxidants therefore offering protection.
- Stop biting your nails. Not only does biting damage your nails, this horrid habit also makes you susceptible to infections.
- Trim your nails regularly. Making them grow too long makes them vulnerable to splitting and breakage.
- Eat right for your nails. You should see to it that you feed your body nutrients that are essential in keeping your nails healthy. Protein, iron and B vitamins are nutrients essential to your nails so make sure that your diet includes foods that are packed with these vitamins.
Remember these tips and follow them to keep your nails healthy!
Keep asking your friends to like our Facebook Page.