Nails are an important body part. Although they seem small and insignificant, nails are windows to one’s health. Taking good care of your nails, having strong, and well groomed nails tell a lot about a person. Brittle nails, nails that are crooked and dirty, will most likely not impress a date or a possible future employer. Keeping nails strong and helping it grow healthy is of utmost importance.
How does one help nails grow? Is it really possible to do that? Yes it is. You can have a big role in keeping your nails presentable and in helping it grow and be healthy.
Here’s how you can help your nails grow:
- Eat right for your nails – there are certain foods that will help your nails grow right. Eating foods rich in protein and sulfur will help your nails to grow strong. Some of these foods include garlic, onions, apples, grapes, cucumbers, and asparagus. Eat a healthy serving of these foods on a regular basis and help your nails grow healthily.
- Stop nail biting – nail biting not only makes nails look unclean and ugly but it also makes nails unhealthy. Kick off your nail biting habit and have better looking and healthier nails.
- Avoid soaking nails – soaking nails for long periods of time makes it brittle. Avoiding situations wherein you would have to soak your nails in water or cleaning solutions and chemicals will prevent nail damage. Wear gloves and protective materials when cleaning, etc. will help you to avoid negative effects on your nails.
- Trimming nails – keeping your nails trimmed and keeping its length ½ an inch past the edge of your fingers at most will prevent breakage. This is a healthy way for you to help your nails grow.
- Vitamins for your nails – just like the rest of your body, your nails need important vitamins and minerals to make it strong and help it grow. Fortunately, there are all natural products such as argan oil that will give you all the important nutrients your nails will need. Known to strengthen nails and soften cuticles, argan oil is rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids that are hugely beneficial to nail growth.
- Nails are not tools – if you would want to protect your nails, do not use them as tools. Nails are not meant to take off stickers, open jars, or scrape off pots – use your nails properly and help them grow properly.
Treating your nails as an important part of your body, nourishing them, giving them their needed vitamins, and eating the right foods, will help your nails become stronger and grow faster. Don’t waste your time or money with ineffective products out in the market. Stick with all natural products such as healthy fruits and vegetables and argan oil. Treat your nails right and you’re sure to have healthy, strong, and beautiful nails that will impress!