Getting frustrated with your oily hair and scalp? Fret not as this hair and scalp issue is easy to manage with just simple remedies. Here are some tips and home remedies to help you say goodbye to oily hair and scalp.
Washing Tips for Oily Hair
- Shampoo your hair often. Make sure that you use a shampoo designed for greasy hair. This type of shampoo is widely available. Some shampoos for greasy locks says for everyday use but it is actually not ideal to wash your hair every day.
- Don’t overwash your hair. Your scalp has sebaceous glands and these glands produce sebum or the scalp’s natural oils. In moderation, sebum is great as it keeps the scalp and hair moisturized. But when the scalp produces too much oil, this results to oily hair. Most people’s natural reaction is to keep on washing the hair and wash some more to get rid of the oiliness. But doing this is actually a bad idea since overwashing means sebum gets washed away. The scalp will then compensate by producing more oil to replace those that have been stripped off. When you have oily hair, what you want to achieve is get your natural hair oil into a balanced state.
Home Remedies for Oily Hair
- Alcoholic Beverage – Alcohol has a drying effect and if you suffer from greasy locks, your favorite alcoholic beverage can help remedy this issue. Fill a shot glass with the alcoholic beverage and mix it in 2 cups of water. Use this mixture as a rinse and then rinse it away with water. Keep in mind that the higher the alcohol content is the stronger is its drying effect.
- Cider Vinegar – Pour a quarter cup of cider vinegar on a basin or use a spritz bottle. Use the cider vinegar to rinse your hair then after wash it out using warm water. The cider vinegar rinse aids in preventing shampoo buildup. Shampoo buildup attracts more dirt and oil.
- Tea – Tea is another great remedy for oily hair. Its tannic acid is an astringent which helps bring down oiliness.
- Lemon Juice – Squeeze the juice out of 1 lemon and mix it wih a cup of water then rinse it through your locks. Use a warm water final rinse. Lemon juice works the same way as cider vinegar.
Argan Oil for Oily Hair
Why should you add more oil to an already oily scalp and locks?! Well the Argan oil is not just any other oil. The oil contains a high amount of essential fatty acids which is believed to help bring down overproduction of sebum to a manageable level.
Try out these home remedies for oily hair now!
Like our Facebook page and share this post to your friends.