The holiday season is just around the corner. It is again the season for a great feast with family, loved ones, and friends. Now, if you are the dinner host for this holiday season, you are probably fretting about what you should prepare for your beloved guests. Of course, you would want everyone to enjoy a delicious meal. Here’s an idea for your main dish.
Honey Glazed Ham for the Holiday Season
You don’t have to be a culinary whiz to pull off a wonderful Holiday dinner. This honey glazed ham recipe is perfect for the Holiday festivities! The wonderful thing about this main dish recipe is that it’s quite easy to prepare. So whether you spend a little time in your kitchen whipping up simple dishes or you’re a kitchen virgin, you won’t be sweating out that much in preparing this honey glazed ham recipe!
- 1 Ready to eat ham – Get one of the 5 pounder if you are serving for at most 15 people.
- Whole cloves – You’ll need 1/4 cup.
- Dark corn syrup – You’ll need 1/4 cup.
- Honey – 2 cups is enough.
- Butter – You will need about 2/3 cups
Now that you have all the ingredients you need to make this delicious honey glazed ham, it’s time to get moving. Here are the steps!
- Start with preheating your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit or 165 degrees Celsius.
- Next step is to score the ham, and start studding it with the whole cloves. Once done, place the ham in the pan lined with foil.
- On your double broiler, place the corn syrup, honey and butter glaze and heat it up. Keep the glaze warm while you are baking the ham.
- Start brushing the glaze over your ham and once done, bake the ham for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Make sure that you baste the ham every 10 to 15 minutes with the honey glaze. In the last 5 minutes of baking, turn on the broiler to caramelize the glaze. Remove your delicious honey glazed ham from the oven and leave it alone for a few minutes before serving it to your guests!
Serve the Culinary Argan Oil as a Side Dip
If you love to give your ham a nutty kick you can serve the culinary Argan oil
as a side dip or drizzle the oil over the ham right before serving. Aside from adding an extra nutty flavor to your dish, the culinary Argan oil
also gives your health a boost! The oil is packed with nutrients that are great for your heart and the immune system such as essential fatty acids and Vitamin E!
Have a festive and Happy Holidays with your loved ones!
Like our Facebook page
and share this post to your friends!