Do you frequently travel? If you do, have you been noticing how your skin acts up when you are always flying off to somewhere? The simple explanation for why this happens is because of the changes that come along when you fly off to somewhere else.
When you are on a vacation somewhere far away, your diet most probably changes, you stay up much later at night or even up until the crack of dawn and you most probably have been drinking a lot of alcoholic beverages. Also by the time you stepped inside a plane your skin is being dehydrated as the air inside planes is very dry. Your skin will also need to adapt to environmental changes such as weather, humidity, heat and water.
Caring for the skin while you are bouncing off across the globe all the time and experiencing varying conditions can be very difficult. However this does not mean that you should not even try caring for your skin while you travel. If you are always on the move, exploring different countries and culture here are some tips on how you can care for your skin.
- Don’t wear too much make up. If it’s possible for you to not wear make up at all this would be better for your skin as you will be avoiding clogged pores.
- Keep your skin hydrated always by drinking plenty of water everyday. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses daily.
- Keep your moisturiser handy. Use Argan oil and apply daily to your skin. Argan oil is loaded with components that are food for the skin. This oil moisturises and nourishes the skin. It also prevents skin aging and protects the skin from getting damaged by UV rays and free radicals.
- Never forget to apply sunscreen protection. Your sunscreen lotion will protect you from getting wrinkles. The worst enemy of skin is UV rays. Not only do are they responsible for wrinkles by damaging DNA and collagen they are also known to cause skin cancer. Be sure to bring in a sunscreen lotion with an SPF of at least 15 and also you should apply it to the skin at least 15 minutes before going outdoors. If you are going out for a swim most of the time or going on a hike get the sunscreen lotion that is water resistant. You also need to bring along the sunscreen lotion with you as you need to reapply at least after every 2 hours.
- Bring along with you antioxidant supplements and of course take them regularly. Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Selenium are great nutrition for the skin. Don’t forget to add your intake of Calcium Magnesium.
- Avoid drinking too much alcohol. Since you are on a vacation alcoholic drinks would always be present. However this is no reason for you to start gulping down endless servings of alcoholic beverages. Not only is this bad for your skin it is very bad for your overall health.
- Don’t forget to get a good night’s rest as much as possible. Your skin replenishes and repairs while you are at sleep during night time.
If you are on a trip for the holidays or if you are always on holiday trips (lucky you) or business trips these 7 steps will help you avoid skin problems.