Oily skin! This is a common complaint from many women all over the world. Many men also have the oily skin type but most men just don’t care about their skin (which should not be the case). Many will get teased about oily skin. Some would say that one can fry an egg on an oily skin type or that the shine is just too blinding.
Yes people can be harsh sometimes! However if you have the oily skin type you should not just sit or sulk at a corner and taking in those taunting not doing anything. You should fight back by caring properly for your oily skin. Here are a few steps on how you should care for your oily skin type and keep your skin looking its best for the entire day.
Caring for Oily Skin
- Cleanse your skin using a mild cleanser especially formulated for oily skin type. If you have been using soap or some other cleanser not suited for your skin type then throw them out and get the cleanser that is suited for oily skin. If you are thinking that since soap dries out the skin and since your skin is oily then this is a match in heaven then you are committing a fatal mistake.Soap would irritate your skin. Yes it is true that soap dries out the skin but it can cause your oil glands to produce more sebum as a reaction to the skin being stripped of its natural oils.
- Massage the cleanser gently into your skin. You only need to use your fingers. Remember to wash your hands first before you start with the cleansing.
- Always use warm water. When washing your face use only warm water. This would let the dirt and grime on the skin come off loose. Rinse off the cleanser with warm water as well.
- Moisturise daily! You probably are thinking that this advice sounds crazy as you are already suffering from oily skin. Even if you have oily skin you still need to use moisturiser. It is best to use organic moisturisers like Argan oil.The great thing about Argan oil is that it has Sterols which locks in moisture. It also has Vitamin E, essential fatty acids and a number of antioxidants which keep the skin healthy and young.
- Sunscreen lotion is a daily must! If you spend time outdoors everyday then you need to use sunscreen lotion to your skin everyday so that it stays protected against the harmful Ultra Violet rays. UV rays cause blemishes, wrinkles, fine lines, premature skin aging, sun spots and age spots. The UV rays also can make you more vulnerable to skin cancer.Remember that you need to let the sunscreen lotion on your skin rest for about 15 minutes before going outside. You also need to use a sunscreen lotion with SPF 15 or higher.
Besides these skin care tips you should also see to it that you are eating healthy. What you eat affects the health of your skin. For oily skin avoid too much sugar and salt and add more leafy greens to your plate.