Every woman dreams of aging gracefully. Hearts flutter and a certain pride is felt when you hear people comment that you look younger than your age. While aging is a natural process that can’t be stopped, it can be delayed and managed well.
Aging gracefully is a feat that can be done not only by Hollywood stars but also by ordinary women like us. The following 5-step plan can help your skin age gracefully.
- Step 1: Protect Against The SunStaying indoors is not healthy at all. Adequate sun exposure enables skin cells to manufacture vitamin D. On the other hand, prolonged exposure to the sun’s UV rays is not healthy at all, especially for your skin. Sun exposure is the main culprit in many skin problems such as fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation and dry skin.Protect your skin against the sun with a sunscreen lotion and choose one with SPF of 15 or more. Slather sunscreen at least 15 minutes before heading out and re-apply every two hours. Avoid going out when the sun is at its hottest between 10 am to 4 pm.
- Step 2: Embrace a Healthy LifestyleQuit smoking and go easy on the alcohol. These habits dry out the skin and cause the formation of free radicals, those agents that promote skin aging. Lack of sleep can make your skin look old and tired, this is why there is such a term called beauty sleep. Sleeping for at least 8 hours a day can help keep your skin beautiful.
- Step 3: Step Up On Your Skin CareAfter you hit 30, a host of skin problems is expected. A good skin care routine will help you combat these skin problems and maintain skin that is healthy and young looking.
- Cleanse with a mild cleanser and warm water.
- Exfoliate at least once a week with a gentle exfoliating product.
- Apply moisturizer generously on your skin immediately after bathing or washing.
- Keep your skin hydrated by using products that contain vitamin E and essential fatty acids.
- Step 4: Eat For Your SkinYou are what you eat. Support your skin by eating food groups that are good for your skin. Food such as tuna, salmon and mackerel are rich in protein and essential fatty acids that help keep skin moisturized. Fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins and minerals essential for cell growth and repair. They are also rich in antioxidants that fight the free radicals and help keep aging at bay.
- Step 5: Daily Argan Oil CareDry skin is vulnerable and more prone to many skin problems, hence there is a need for moisturizers. Apply Argan oil on your skin every day. The oil contains nutrients such as essential fatty acids, Vitamin E, Sterols, Polyphenols and antioxidants that nourish skin and keep it moisturized. Massage Argan oil on your skin immediately after bathing or washing to lock the moisture into your skin.
Aging can’t be stopped. This 5-step plan can help you age gracefully and delay the signs of skin aging.