How to Boost Your Energy Without Caffeine!

Once the clock reads 3PM, most of us are feeling so drained out and the usual remedy is to have another refill of coffee. But before you head out for that refill you need to listen to what your body actually needs.

Coffee is great in the morning to get you going but being dependent on caffeine to get you through the rest of your day is not a very good idea. Caffeine is one of the very reasons why many find it very hard to get their much needed sleep come night time.

To keep yourself going the rest of the day without caffeine is easy. Here are tips on how you can boost your energy come 3PM without having another dose of caffeine.

Energy Boosting Tips

  • Take a look at what you eat.
    That slump feeling as soon as 3PM hits is very common to people all over the world so people consider this as only being natural. But the truth is this 3PM slump phenomenon is not innate to the human body. The culprit behind the 3PM slump is the fact that most people actually eat most of their calorie-intake after 1PM. A simple trick that can prevent that 3PM afternoon slump from taking over is making sure that you eat the same amount of calories before the clock says 1PM and after it says 1PM.
  • Don’t skip breakfast.
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You should not skip this meal. The body is designed to take in a meal early in the morning. If you keep on postponing your first meal of the day what happens is your body will ask for more calories as compensation. You should remember to even out your calorie intake in all your meals. By doing this, you will be able to stop your cravings and keep you energized throughout the day. Eat small meals throughout the day. This will prevent your blood sugar from spiking up too high and plummeting down too low.
  • Be smart in choosing your snacks.
    When choosing your snacks it is best that each snack has about 75% of complex carbohydrate and the remaining 25% is lean protein. You can have a piece of fruit with a serving of nuts or 5-6 whole wheat crackers with 6 ounces of yogurt.
  • Have a smoothie
    A healthy smoothie of course! Instead of having another refill of coffee, why not snack on a healthy smoothie. Healthy smoothies like those made with rice, almond, cashew, soy or regular dairy milk. To prevent your blood sugar from getting unstable you should also have some protein with your smoothie.

Prevent getting that “slump feeling” come 3 o’clock in the afternoon, follow these tips!

Keep asking your friends to like our Facebook page and we’ll keep posting more health and beauty tips!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.