You still can extend the summer season! Even if you are done with your summer vacations and even if the days are no longer that sunny, you can still make these few days feel like it’s still the middle of the fun season. How? Prepare summer dishes!
Here is a recipe that will bring the colours of summer flashing right before your eyes! This stir-fry recipe is an absolute delight. Its colours and refreshing taste will remind you of that feeling you crave for during the summertime. This tasty dish is very easy to prepare and its ingredients are very affordable. In fact, you could stir-fry away with just $10!
Stir Fry with Colours
Here are the ingredients you would need!
- Olive Oil – You’ll need about 2 tablespoons.
- Bell Pepper – Two medium sized bell peppers would do. One should be red and the other should be green. Cut them into strips.
- Onion – You will just need one small-sized onion. Just chop away the onion.
- Garlic – You’ll need just 2 cloves. Chop them as well.
- Chicken Breast – Be sure to get boneless and skinless chicken breasts. You’ll need about 1 and 1/4 pounds for a 4-serving recipe. Cut the meat into pieces each having about an inch size.
- Salt – About a teaspoon is enough.
- Black Pepper – Just a pinch will give your dish that mild zing and great aroma.
- Soy sauce – Depends on your taste but about 1 tablespoon is enough.
- Lemon – For your garnish, you’ll need just 1 lemon sliced into wedges.
- Get your work or skillet and start heating the tablespoon of oil for about half a minute. Once heated start adding the pepper strips, onions and garlic then keep stir-frying for 5 minutes. Set the vegetables aside on a plate.
- Pour the remaining tablespoon of oil on your wok or skillet and heat it up for about 30 seconds. Throw in the chicken and sprinkle the salt and pepper in then continue to stir-fry for 6 minutes or until the chicken pieces are all cooked. Throw the vegetables back in the wok or skillet and keep stirring. You can add a bit of the soy sauce in already.
- Now you’re ready to serve the dish. Just divide this colourful stir fried chicken and vegetables evenly on 4 plates and finish each plate with a lemon wedge garnish. Right before serving, you can drizzle culinary Argan oil on your stir-fried chicken and vegetables. Argan oil has that nutty taste that would complement the flavours of the ingredients in the recipe. The oil is also packed with healthy nutrients turning your already healthy dish into an even more awesome and healthier dish!
This colourful and tasty stir-fry recipe will definitely bring the flavours of summer back!