Curls are sexy and if you have straight hair you can get those sexy curls that you’ve been longing to have with a digital perm. After getting a digital perm, you should know how to care for your new curls so that they stay beautiful and last longer.
Your hairstylist would send you away with a bunch of first few days hair care instructions plus tips to maintain your curls for a long time before leaving the salon. Make sure that you carefully follow these instructions. In case you are that forgetful, here are the sacred rules to follow right after having your hair digi permed.
- Do not take a bath for at least 3 days immediately after the digi perm.
- Never comb your hair.
- Remember to always wash your hair with conditioner and leave the conditioner on for about a minute.
- Do not rub your hair with a towel when drying.
- Do not use a blow dryer to dry your hair. It is recommended that your hair just be air-dried.
If you are wondering why you should follow these hair care tips for digipermed hair, read on.
- Three days of not washing your hair can be inconceivable for some but if you don’t want to see the money you spent on your digi perm treatment go down the drain, it is wise to follow the no 3-day hair wash rule. Picture Hagrid’s hair or if you are not too familiar with Harry Potter, try picturing an electrocuted head of hair. You certainly would not want sporting such a hairdo.
- Never comb your digipermed hair as you’ll end up having frizzy and messy hair. You can comb the upper part where your original straight hair starts and if you have bangs, you can comb that too.
- Rubbing your digipermed hair with towel should be avoided since it can cause tangles and frizzy hair. If you have tangles, use your fingers to undo them.
- It is recommeded to use conditioner everytime you wash your hair to keep your locks moisturized.
- Blow dryers may seem like a good idea to dry your hair quickly but when you have digipermed hair this is a no-no as it can cause split ends and make your hair very unruly. Although air drying your locks will take time, it’s worth all the wait if you don’t want to end up a messy mane topped with spit ends.
Here are some additional care tips for digipermed hair.
- To make styling your hair easier and have your curls more defined, apply a polish while your locks are still a bit damp.
- For your curls to have more bounce part your hair into two sections and with your index fingers wound and twirl each section inwards.
- For dry hair, add needed moisture by applying potent hair moisturizers such as Argan oil. Argan oil is an excellent option because of it contains ingredients having potent moisturizing properties such as Vitamin E, Sterols and essential fatty acids. It is also loaded with antioxidants therefore keeping the hair protected and helping repair damage.
- Deep condition your hair at least once a week .
Follow these care tips for your digipermed hair to ensure that your curls stay beautiful and long-lasting.
Loved this post? Like us on Facebook page
and share this to your friends.