Your hair is your crowning glory. Perfect makeup, designer clothes and expensive jewelry can fade into insignificance if your hair is dull and lifeless. In addition to enhancing your beauty, shiny hair is the obvious reflection of health. This is why women spend time and money in keeping their hair healthy and beautiful by going to salons and buying expensive hair care products.
Hair care in 5 easy steps
Fortunately, expensive salons or hair care products are not all you need to have a healthy head of hair. Knowing how to care for your hair can help you get the shine and beauty you desire. Read on for some basic hair care tips that can help improve the health and look of your hair.
- Eat a healthy diet! Eat foods rich in vitamins, proteins and essential fatty acids. These nutrients that promote overall health are the very same nutrients that help keep your hair strong and healthy. Fish and nuts are excellent sources of protein and omega-3 fatty acids that nourish hair. Fruits and vegetables are loaded with vitamins A, C and E which are powerful antioxidants. Deficiency in these nutrients can lead to brittle and dull hair.
- Keep your hair clean. Nothing makes hair dull and lifeless more than dirt. Shampoo and condition hair regularly to keep it clean. However, you should determine how often you should wash your hair by knowing your hair type. Dry hair requires less frequent washing so as not to wash away the hair’s natural oil (sebum). Never wash your hair with hot water because it strips off sebum and leaves hair dull and dry. Comb out tangles before you wet it so the hair would wash easily.
- Protect your hair from the sun and wind! Treat the sun as your number one enemy. Excessive sun exposure can cause extensive damage to your hair. The UV rays cause the hair structure to weaken and lose moisture by damaging its protein bonds. Likewise, the wind can dry your hair and cause flyaway hair. Cover your hair with a hat or a scarf when going out for extended periods of time.
- Use hair products properly! Excessive use of hair styling products can make your hair appear dull by coating it. Know your hair type and choose products that are suited to your hair type. Read the label and check if there are ingredients that can damage your hair. Excessive coloring and bleaching can cause lasting damage to your hair. Perms ultimately weaken the hair shaft and cause breakage.
- Nourish hair with argan oil! Argan oil has many benefits and one of its best uses is to nourish hair. Hair problems such as dry and rough hair, dullness and brittle hair can be solved by using this wonderful oil. Argan oil contains omega-3 and omega-6 unsaturated fatty acids that help keep hair moisturized, healthy and strong. This 100% natural oil contains vitamin E and antioxidants which repair the damage caused by the free radicals. The oil is non-greasy, easily absorbed and gives luster and shine to your hair.
Follow these hair care tips and step out with a beautiful and healthy hair.