Whether you are a teenager or already wearing a few lines and wrinkles, hair fall is something that you can experience. No one likes seeing and picking up that bundle of hair that have fallen and clogged the drain after a shower.
We lose a few strands (about 100) of our hair every day. This is only normal. But many people experience too much hair fall. So what can be causing your hair fall problem? What can you do to solve this issue? First, let us discuss the possible causes.
Causes of Hair Fall
Hair fall can be triggered by a number of things. We have listed down the common culprits of excessive hair fall.
- The lack of proper nutrition can cause excessive hair fall. If the scalp is not getting needed nutrients, hair will become weak and will easily fall.
- Aging can also cause excessive hair fall and eventually thinning of the hair.
- Hormonal changes is another cause of excessive hair fall.
- Stress is also a known culprit.
- Some people have inherited certain genes that cause the condition called alopecia areata which causes balding spots in the scalp.
- Split ends can also cause hair fall.
- Prolonged illness and certain medications like steroids can also cause your hair to fall excessively.
How to Curb Hair Fall
There are certain practices that you can incorporate in your hair care routine to prevent your hair from falling.
- Always be gentle with your hair especially when it’s wet. It is best to avoid combing through wet hair as it is more prone to breakage. You should also avoid rubbing your hair especially when it is dry.
- Make it a habit to massage your scalp often to improve circulation as this helps getting oxygen and needed nutrients get equally distributed which will result to healthy hair growth.
- Avoid hairstyles that will tie your hair tight. This may seem very fashionable, however, there is a great amount of pressure on the hair which can cause breakage and hair fall.
- Tone down on your use of heating tools. Of course, many of us would want to step out with a beautifully styled hair. But you should not be styling your hair with heated tools too frequently. Heat will dry out the shaft which will dry out your hair and make it frizzy. After a time, this will cause your hair to turn brittle and cause hair fall.
- Use cold or room temperature water when washing your hair. If you’ve ever experienced walking out of the shower with dry and frizzy hair, this just means that the water was too hot for your locks.
- Keep your body healthy. This is the most important thing you should make sure of if you want to curb hair fall. A healthy body is the key to a healthy and strong head of hair. The hair needs certain nutrients to remain strong. Include proteins, Vitamin A, B complex and Vitamin E in your diet to make sure that your hair remains strong and healthy.
These are just a few things you can do to stop your hair from falling.
Like our Facebook page and share this post to your friends.