Oh dandruff! It’s not just the white flakes you have to worry about but the uncontrollable itching as well. This is the reason why aside from being embarrassing, dandruff is also irritating. Every person will experience having dandruff at least once in their life. You, your children, and your friends will all have a fair share of this scalp and hair problem. Better be prepared if you don’t have it yet and know how to effectively get rid of itching dandruff the natural way.
What is dandruff?
It is important to know what dandruff is to be able to handle it correctly. Dandruff is the flaky skin that falls off from your scalp. There are two types of dandruff that you need to know about. The first one being the dry dandruff or flakes that causes itching and white flakes. The second type is the oily dandruff. This type of dandruff is sticky and yellowish.
What are the causes of dandruff?
Dandruff maybe caused by several things such as:
- Dry weather – summer most especially.
- Poor diet – especially when you lack essential nutrients that keep hair and scalp healthy.
- Stress – stress from work, school, and personal life.
- Hormonal imbalances – hormonal changes brought about by age and sexuality.
- Cosmetics – some products may cause dandruff.
What are the natural ways to get rid of dandruff?
In order for you to remove those itchy flakes from your scalp you have to be committed. Look into the possible causes of dandruff in your life and commit to changing them. If stress could be the culprit then look for ways to channel out your stress and tension. If poor diet is the possible reason then make changes in the food you eat. Here are other ways for you to resolve dandruff:
- Cosmetics – make sure that the hair products you use are non-irritating and safe to use every day. Avoid too much styling on your hair too. Styling products such as gels and hair sprays will further bring about dandruff.
- Moisturize – not only during dry weather, moisturizing is extremely important for hair and scalp. It brings life to scalp and hair. Using natural moisturizers like argan oil will do your scalp wonders. Argan oil is rich in vitamins and minerals that will help reduce and remove dandruff. Because it is all natural oil, you won’t be nervous about complications and possible side effects. This oil is also non-greasy and is easily absorbed by the scalp and hair. Moisturizing with argan oil will surely make hair shiny, healthy, manageable, and dandruff free.
- Hair Machines – blow dryers and curling irons that bring heat to hair and scalp should also be avoided. Too much heat from these machines will make scalp dry and flaky.
If you’re having trouble with itchy flakes know that there are simple solutions you can take. Know what may be the cause of dandruff for you and take the right steps towards making things right. Make sure you take into consideration the natural ways of removing dandruff.