With the summer season just a few days away, you will need to start preparing your hair for as this season can be especially harsh to your crowning glory. With the intense UV rays, chlorine and salt water in play, your locks can start looking and feeling dry and limp.
How do you help your hair recover from the harsh battering of the summer season? Believe it or not, you can actually get the shining glory of your locks back with the help of certain foods. Damaged and dull hair can have its shine and soft texture back when you start eating more foods that are loaded with vitamins and minerals.
Foods for Beautiful and Healthy Hair
What foods should you eat more of then this summer season? Here are a few of them.
- Salmon – It is best that you start eating more salmon. Salmon is chock full of omega 3 fatty acids, Vitamin B12 and iron. All of these nutrients in salmon will aid in restoring the health of your scalp. Omega 3 fatty acids will also help bring back moisture to your hair making it softer and shinier.
- Nuts – Munch on nuts if you want to have your glorious locks back! Cashews, walnuts, almonds and pecans are great sources of zinc. Zinc will help prevent your scalp from shedding or having dandruff. You would not want to wear dandruff as a summer accessory. Aside from the fact that it’s embarrassing, it is super itchy.
- Vegetables – Eat more veggies if you want to prevent summer time from leaving your hair dry and damaged. Vegetables like spinach are loaded with vitamin C and vitamin A which aid the body produce more sebum. Sebum is the hair’s natural conditioner. So eat your veggies if you want your hair to remain silky smooth.
- Dairy products – Dairy products such as milk and yogurt are loaded with calcium. Calcium helps strengthen your locks and also help improve its growth rate.
These are just some of the foods that you should eat more of to combat the ravishing effects of summer on hair. Aside from eating smart this summer, you should also practice proper hair care and protection.
Protecting Your Hair from the Ravishing Effects of Summer
- Wear a hat or scarf to protect the hair from UV rays but make sure that your hair can breathe.
- Apply a leave in hair conditioner with SPF.
- Protect your hair from the wind by tying your hair, using clips or a headband. Just make sure that you tie it in a not too tight manner.
- Give you hair some Argan oil loving. Apply the oil on your hair to keep it moisturized and protected from the damaging effects of the sun and free radicals.
- Immediately rinse your hair with cool tap water after swimming in the pool or the beach.
These are just a few summer hair protection tips that will help keep your hair healthy and beautiful.