We often envy those glowing faces featured in advertisements for skin care products and many of us would wonder if it is possible that we can get that beautiful, glowing, youthful skin like theirs. You have probably asked your friends and even searched the internet for answers on the question how to have beautiful skin. You’re not alone. Many have asked this question. And for sure you have gotten plenty of advice ranging from diet, to beauty practices, products, and a lot more.
But here’s one simple solution on how to have beautiful skin. Practice yoga. Tweet this
Practice Yoga for a Beautiful Skin
But how does yoga benefit the skin? Let us first tackle some of the most common causes of skin problems.
Common Causes of Skin Problems
- Some starts getting wrinkles early on primarily because of stress, unhealthy lifestyle and unhealthy eating.
- Most of the time, acne is caused by hormonal changes or hormonal imbalance.
- Improper or poor digestion may also trigger pimples.
How Yoga Helps in Achieving Beautiful Skin
- When you practice yoga postures specifically inverted postures and forward bends, your blood circulation to the head and face area is increased which in turn helps in achieving clean, glowing and beautiful skin. Some of the best yoga postures or asanas for improving blood circulation to the head and face area are the Cobra Pose, Fish Pose, Plow Pose, Shoulder Stand, Triangle Pose, and Child Pose. These postures are also referred to as chest openers as they boost oxygenation to your body.
- Women who usually experience acne during the summer season can benefit from practicing breathing exercises. Yoga teaches proper breathing exercises and they can have a cooling effect on the skin plus they can help keep it glowing. Sheetali and Sheetkari are great breathing exercises which can provide these benefits. The Jalneti technique is also great as it’s about physical and emotional cleansing.
- As mentioned earlier, poor digestion may also result to skin problems. Yoga can help improve digestion with postures such as Wind-Relieving Posture (Pavanamuktasana), Kneeling Pose (Vajrasana), Bow Pose (Dhanurasana), and breathing exercises such as Nadi Shodhan pranayama (Alternate Nostril Breathing), and Kapal Bhati pranayama (Skull-Shining Breathing Technique). Practice these postures and breathing exercises on an empty stomach to trigger detoxification. When your body is able to rid itself of toxins, the first visible effect is a healthy, glowing, beautiful skin.
- Meditating twice a day is a key answer to the question how to have beautiful skin. Meditation is a great stress buster and stress can give the skin all sorts of problems. So practice meditating at least twice daily. When you feel good from within it will radiate on the outside. You’ll have that glow on your skin. You probably would be surprised that you would no longer need to wear make up if you meditate daily. Meditation is a long-lasting and no cost natural make up.
- Facial yoga exercises also help tighten the muscles on your face. So make time for them, at least 20 minutes a day. Massaging your jaws will bring down stress and massaging your eyebrows will make you feel relaxed instantly. You can also do the kiss and smile technique wherein you push out your lips like you were to kiss a baby and then give the widest smile you can. This will exercise your facial muscles.
So for those of you wondering how to have beautiful skin, practice yoga now!
Like our Facebook page and share this post to your friends!