Summer time brings that lovely glowing skin. But can your glowing complexion last all throughout the colder months? You will be glad to know that it is possible for your skin to have that “summer glow” through fall and even winter! How? We won’t let you do tedious research anymore. We are gladly sharing these skin care tips!
5 Tips to Keep Your Summer Glow
Check out these skin care tips that will help keep your “summer glow” throughout fall, and winter!
1. Switch cleansers. Your summer cleanser may need some time out once the fall season starts. This is especially true for people with really dry flaky skin. During the colder days, it is best to switch to a cleanser with stronger moisturizing prowess. If you have an oily skin type, you can keep using your summer cleanser but only at night and switch to a lighter cleanser for morning use.
2. Exfoliate. Exfoliation helps get rid of dry and dead skin cells that have accumulated on your skin’s surface revealing your new and smooth skin. Even those with sensitive skin can benefit from gentle and mild exfoliation. It is best to exfoliate at night. You can make use of an exfoliating scrub infused with synthetic beads or a serum packed with Vitamin A. If you have sensitive skin, you can opt for cleansers with micro-scrubbers or a more natural alternative such as yogurt. If you are wondering why it is best to exfoliate at night, the answer is simply because it is during at night when you’re asleep when the skin renews and repairs itself. Exfoliating at least once or twice a week can help speed up the process of skin renewal and repair. You’ll wake up in the morning with a glowing skin!
3. Use antioxidant-rich products on your skin. Antioxidants help protect your skin from free-radical damage and help in the skin renewal and repair process. Free radicals can dull your skin and give you wrinkles, and fine lines. Argan oil is one example of skin care products loaded with antioxidants. The oil comes with a high amount of Vitamin E, Carotenoids, Ferulic acid, Squalene and Polyphenols, which are all antioxidants.
4. Keep your skin moisturized. The colder days can dry your skin up easily. During the winter season, your skin is exposed to extreme temperatures; really cold temperatures outdoors while warm temperature indoors. This can lead to a very bad case of dry flaky skin. Make sure that you keep your moisturizer handy and lather on every so often. Argan oil is an excellent choice in moisturizers, thanks to its Vitamin E, essential fatty acids, and sterols. All of these nutrients in the oil have potent moisturizing properties. Sterols also draw moisture to the skin and lock it in.
5. Use a humidifier. Add some humidity in your home environment during the cold and dry season. Let your humidifier run while you sleep to counter your skin’s water loss while you sleep at night.
Follow these tips and you’ll be surprised to see your skin still wearing that summer glow all throughout the colder seasons!
Like our Facebook page and share this post to your friends.