Now that the spring season has started, the outdoors is once again everyone’s favorite playground. As the days get warmer, we start shedding off layers of clothes that we wore during the cold days of winter. This can be an uncomfortable situation for people with back acne
can be equally distressing as the pimples or acne on your face. Some people with back acne
keep away from outdoor activities during warmer days and some aren’t as comfortable so they tend to stop themselves from being as outgoing as they want to be.
as what back acne
is commonly called is actually a very common skin problem. More than 20% of men have back acne. Women’s percentage is a little bit less than that of men’s. So what causes this skin problem? The very same thing that gives you acne on the face
is what causes back acne
. Statistics show that about 75% of people who have acne on their face also have acne in some other parts of the body.
Can Back Acne Be Prevented?
Those suffering from back acne
should not feel too down as there are treatment options that can help get rid of this skin issue. There are even ways on how one can prevent back acne
from happening. First off let us discuss how you can prevent this problem.
- Wear loose clothing made of natural fibers such as cotton. This will help lessen the chances of your breakout from going haywire and cut down your chances of having to deal with back acne again in the future.
- Opt for a sling shoulder bag. If you love carrying a heavy back pack everywhere you go, it’s time to give it up and opt for a sling shoulder bag instead. You probably are wondering why and how a back pack has something to do with back acne. Pressure contributes to acne and if you already have back acne, exposing it to pressure consistently can worsen the situation.
- Keep the body clean. Keeping your body clean is one way to help prevent this skin issue. Dirt, sweat and oil make the skin inviting for bacteria to thrive in and bacteria can infect your pores and give rise to acne. You should take a shower right after you work out or right after doing any activity that makes you sweat. You should also use skin products that will not clog your pores.
Getting Rid of Back Acne
- Use a mild anti-bacterial cleanser on your back during showers instead of regular soap. You can use your anti-bacterial facial cleanser.
- Exfoliate regularly. Use a scrub or a loofah to exfoliate your back every time you take a shower.
- Apply benzoyl peroxide cream on your back right after you have toweled it dry.
- Some say that applying Argan oil can also help in getting rid of bacne. However, it is important to note that there is very little scientific study done on the oil’s effectiveness against acne. The oil may be effective in helping get rid of acne problems because it contains nutrients with anti-inflammatory properties such as Vitamin E. Argan oil also contains essential fatty acids which are believed to help in bringing down overproduction of sebum. Overproduction of sebum is considered as one of the culprits in the development of this skin problem.
Follow these tips and avoid picking and touching your back acne so you’ll get excellent results!
Keep asking your friends to like our Facebook page
and we’ll keep posting more health and beauty tips!