It’s great that you already got yourself a bottle of Argan oil. This liquid gold from Morocco is packed with nutrients like Vitamin E, antioxidants, and fatty acids. It has plenty of benefits, not just on skin, but also on hair!
Some of its hair benefits include hair growth, anti-frizz, prevents breakage, minimize damage caused by free radicals, and helps achieve healthier scalp by removing reducing dandruff.
Now that you are planning to make the oil a part of your hair care routine, you should know how to use the oil in your hair.
You can use argan oil on your hair both before and after washing it.
In general, if your goal is to keep moisture balance in your locks, it is best to use the oil once or twice a week before shampooing.
How To Use Argan Oil Before Shampooing
You should follow this routine when using Argan oil before shampooing.
- Lather on a generous amount of Argan oil throughout your hair from the roots to the tips. Make sure that you massage it into your scalp.
- Next step is to wrap your hair with a towel or put on a shower cap. This will allow the oil to penetrate the hair at the roots. Let your hair be for about 5 minutes.
- Unwrap the towel on your hair or remove the shower cap, then wash your hair using lukewarm water.
- It is best to immediately follow this up with shampoo and conditioner.
If you have extremely dry and damaged hair, this method of using Argan oil on your hair is recommended.
If you are suffering from frizz and split ends, this technique is also very ideal.
The oil has potent moisturizing properties and you can use it as an all-day moisturizing agent.
Using Argan Oil Throughout the Day for Added Hair Care
If you want to wear Argan oil all throughout the day, follow these steps.
- Apply about 2-3 drops of the oil on the palm of your hands and apply at your hair roots and massage it into your scalp.
- Spread the oil evenly through your hair with the use of a wide-tooth comb.
- If your hair needs more shine, you can add some more but remember to use sparingly. One thing you should remember is to not add water or any other styling product with the oil.
- For those who have curly or wavy hair, you can apply Argan oil to the ends of your strands every day. Doing this will help bring back moisture on the lower half of your hair. It is normal for people with curly or wavy hair to experience lack of moisture on the lower half of their locks.
How to Apply Argan Oil as Your Shower Conditioner
You can also use Argan oil as your hair conditioner. Simply apply a generous amount of the oil on wet hair and massage into your scalp.
Rinse using lukewarm water. You can also use the oil as a deep conditioner. Simply apply the oil on your hair and scalp by massaging it from roots to tips.
Wrap your hair with a warm towel, and leave it overnight.
Rinse your hair in the morning and shampoo afterwards. Now you know how you can add the Argan oil in your hair care routine!
Here you can read more on benefits of an argan oil hair mask using natural ingredients. These masks contain vitamins that can help fix hair problems.
Enjoy having a healthy and beautiful crowning glory thanks to this Moroccan oil!