The flavours of Asia is strong, gentle, explosive, soothing and everything in between. Asian cuisine is indeed well loved by many around the world. There are many restaurants in the West serving Asian dishes and flavours. The taste of Asia has indeed conquered the globe. In major cities like New York, L.A., Paris, and many more, Asian delicacies are very much appreciated. You hear and see Hollywood stars go gaga over sushi, sashimi, chicken noodles and many more of Asia’s flavours.
If you love the flavours of Asia then you would certainly delight in this Asian Chicken recipe. Indeed, mrfood.com offers great tasting recipes and so far all the recipes I have tried has been a delight.
Asian Chicken Recipe
Even though this recipe will take hours from your day, (7 hours in fact), the moment you get a taste of this dish, you’ll soon forget about the hours you spent in your kitchen. You will again be willing to subject yourself to hours of preparing this recipe over and over again!
What You Will Need
Rush to your local farmer’s market or grocery store to grab the ingredients for this delicious recipe!
- Chicken Breast and Thighs – If you are serving for 6 then you’ll need about 3 and 1/2 pounds of skinless chicken. Have the chicken breasts halved.
- Garlic Salt – 1 teaspoon is enough.
- Pepper – You’ll need only a quarter of teaspoon.
- Chicken Broth – 1 cup is enough.
- Ginger – Half a teaspoon of ground ginger will do.
- Sliced Pineapple – Get 1 can of the undrained 8 and 1/2 ouncer sliced pineapples soaked in heavy syrup.
- Sliced Water Chestnuts – Grab 1 can of the drained 8-ouncer sliced water chestnuts.
- Green Onions – Get 4 medium sized onions. Slice them diagonally or however you want them sliced.
- Soy Sauce – A quarter cup.
- White Vinegar – 1 tablespoon is enough.
- Cornstarch – A quarter cup will do.
- Mein Noodles – It is ideal to serve this chicken recipe with mein noodles. But you can also serve it without the noodles.
- Argan Oil – You’ll need just a few drizzles.
Preparing the Asian Chicken Recipe
Let’s get cooking!
- Step 1. Season the pieces of chicken with garlic salt and pepper. Get a 5-quart cooker and place your seasoned chicken in.
- Step 2. Mix your chicken broth and vinegar. Make sure that you do some good stirring.
- Step 3. Drain the pineapple slices but set aside the heavy syrup. Cut into fourths your pineapples. Place the pineapples and water chestnuts on top of the chicken pieces.
- Step 4. Pour the broth and vinegar mixture you prepared over the chicken.
- Step 5. Cover the slow cooker and put on your stove and cook with high heat setting for an hour. Bring down the heat to low setting and wait for the chicken to cook for 6 to 7 hours.
- Step 6. Mix the soy sauce, vinegar and cornstarch until everything is smooth.
- Step 7. After 6 or 7 hours of cooking, put in the onions, and the soy sauce mixture. Gently move the chicken pieces so that the mixture is evenly distributed.
- Step 8. Put on the lid back and have your heat on high setting and cook for another 10 minutes or once the sauce is slightly thick.
Don’t forget to add an extra nutty flavour to the dish! Drizzle with Argan oil right before serving!