Summer is almost here! And what better way to savor this season than to travel? Traveling during summer has been a favorite leisure activity of many families. Destination: different scenic beaches! Traveling by air, sea, or land transportation is a lot of fun but somewhat tiring and stressful. You need to be prepared with basic needs to make the experience less of a hassle and more of fun. In the same manner, traveling is also stressful for your skin. You need to be prepared with these important skin care tips to keep your skin healthy while traveling! Keep your skin well taken care of while you’re away from home by following these tips:
- Don’t leave your moisturizer behind. Simple skin pampering before leaving is helpful. The night before you leave for your summer trip, moisturize your face. On your trip, make sure you bring your preferred moisturizer. Don’t be satisfied with the lotion or moisturizer provided by the hotel. Bring your own facial cleansers and soap bar to make sure your skin will get the right nourishment and pampering on your trip. Bring miniature sizes to make packing easier and your luggage lighter.
- Don’t forget to hydrate your skin. Drinking lots of water especially when traveling by plane will keep skin supple. The air inside trains can be drying to skin and drinking water will help keep the moisture of skin. Drink lots of water on the beach too! The sun also dries out your skin faster than you think, so bring bottles of water with you.
- Protect your skin from the sun. Don’t forget your sunscreen when heading the beach! Application of sunscreen with at least an SPF of 15 is much needed by the skin to help protect from the UV rays of the sun.
- Know the climate of your destination. This will help you to pack better and prepare your skin better. A trip to the beach for the summer will tell you to pack different items as compared to a trip to the Alps. Bring what your skin needs – moisturizers, lotions, sunscreens, and the right clothing to protect the skin. Hats, shades, extra clothing… all these will depend on the climate of the place you are going to.
- Keep your hands clean. Public places are definitely less clean than your home. This is why keeping your hands clean is essential in traveling. Avoid getting sick and avoid getting different bacteria on your face. Touching your face often when traveling is therefore not a good idea.
- Bring your argan oil. Your argan oil will help keep your skin healthy why traveling. It is the perfect moisturizer that keeps your skin supple in any kind of climate. You can wear it day and night, in the water, under the sun, or in the middle of snowing mountains. It is rich in nutrients and essential vitamins making it the perfect traveling companion of your skin.
Make traveling easier for your skin and follow these simple travel tips. You’ll see how easy your skin copes with a different environment with these tips!