When you want to impress the ladies, putting on the apron might just do the trick! Guys who cook are just too sexy for the ladies. So for the men out there, start learning how to cook!
Of course, you need to ensure that your dish will be as tasty as you look with an apron on. You wouldn’t wanna ruin that sexy impression after your lady tasted what you cooked. Here is a simple recipe that will impress!
Salmon Burgers Made to Impress
You may be used to beef patties but this salmon patty is a sure hot winner!
Salmon Burger Ingredients
- Salmon – You will need about a pound of salmon. Make sure they are filleted, skinned and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Shallots – 2 Shallots is enough. Prepare to tear up as you’ll need to mince them. To avoid crying a river when mincing or slicing shallots and onions, put them in the fridge at least for half an hour before you let the knife touch them.
- Dijon Mustard – About 2 teaspoons is enough.
- Worcestershire Sauce – A teaspoon will do.
- Lemon Juice – A tablespoon is enough.
- Cayenne Pepper – Just a pinch is enough for that zing but if your lady does not like any zing at all then you can skip this ingredient. Also if there would be children eating this recipe then better skin the cayenne pepper altogether.
- Salt – Half a teaspoon is enough.
- Mayonaisse – 3 tablespoons will do.
- Bread Crumbs – Half a cup will do.
- Canola oil or Olive oil – 3 tablespoons will be enough.
- Buns – This recipe serves 4 so you’ll need 4 buns.
- Lettuce – 4 crisp leaves is all you need.
The Tartar Sauce
- Sour Cream – A quarter cup will do.
- Mayonnaise – You’ll also need a quarter cup.
- Lemon Juice – About 2 teaspoon is enough.
- Dijon Mustard – You’ll need 1 teaspoon of mustard.
Place the salmon in a food processor and have it finely chopped. Pour into a bowl and put in the rest of the ingredients for the salmon burger except for the canola or olive oil. Mix well all the ingredients and once done shape the mixture into patties. The patty should have about 3/4-inch thickness. Put a wax paper on a plate and place the patties on it. Cover the plate of salmon patties with a plastic wrap and refrigerate them for at least an hour. This would help the patties stay intact during cooking.
Once ready to cook, pour the olive or canola oil in your skillet and heat it up on medium high heat. Place the patties in the skillet and let each side cook for about 3 minutes. You’ll know they’re done when the outside is crispy brown. Make sure that you don’t overcook the salmon patties so that they remain juicy. You can also drizzle the patties with culinary Argan oil for a nutty and healthier kick. The culinary Argan oil is healthy for the heart, brain and overall health as it contains unsaturated essential fatty acids, Vitamin E and several other antioxidants!
For the tartar sauce, all you need to do is mix everything together and serve a dollop of it on top of the patties!