So you thought that proper skin care and using anti-aging products are all that you need to slow down aging. Well, think again. Your lifestyle is an important factor when you want to prevent premature skin aging. Read on for the top 5 lifestyle choices that can help you prevent premature skin aging.
Ways to Prevent Premature Skin Aging
- Kick the bad habits!Smoking and drinking are two bad habits you should definitely kick if you want healthy and young-looking skin. Alcohol dehydrates your body making your skin lose its plump and firm appearance. Smoking reduces the production of collagen and breaks down elastin. This messes up your skin’s elasticity which results to skin sagging.
- Avoid too many late nights!If you keep on partying until the morning light, you are sure on your way to having wrinkles and fine lines. Ever noticed how your skin around the eyes appear puffy after pulling an all nighter? During our night’s sleep, that is when the skin renews and repairs itself. This process usually takes about 8 hours which is why doctor’s recommend at least an 8-hour sleep every night.
- Don’t be a sloth!These days, many of us are living like a sloth. Not many of us are doing physical activities that would make us break a sweat. Most of us drive or ride the bus to work, ride the elevator to get to our offices and the same thing happens afterwork. When at home, many of us are relaxing, sitting on our couch watching TV or playing computer games with chips and soda as our snacks. If you do not have the time to go to a gym, you can take a walk around your neighbourhood after dinner instead of playing couch commando or ride a bike to work instead of driving a car. Exercise keeps the body healthy and if your body is healthy, your skin will reflect this.
- Eat foods that love you back!For healthy skin, eat fruits and vegetables packed with antioxidants. Vitamin E, A and C are powerful antioxidants that many fruits and vegetables are loaded with. Antioxidants effectively protect the skin from the harsh effects of free radicals including the sun’s UV rays. We all know that the sun’s UV rays is the number one culprit of premature skin aging. Fish oils and nuts also contain essential fatty acids which keep the skin healthy and youthful.
- Love your skin with Moroccan Argan Oil!The Moroccan Argan oil is loaded with Vitamin E, essential fatty acids and numerous natural antioxidants which is why it can effectively prevent premature skin aging. The oil also reduces or minimises the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.