Skin care is something that is widely discussed but often times misunderstood by many. Almost all women (and a small percentage of men) have their very own skin care routines. But which of these skin care regimens actually work? Here are the facts that you should know about caring for your skin.
The Truth about Skin Care
Check to see if your understanding on skin care is actually spot on.
- When you have washed and cleaned your skin up to the point that you feel that your skin is tight and dry, you are actually doing more harm than good. When your skin feels squeaky clean, it actually means that you have robbed your skin of its essential oils or you have not rinsed thoroughly.
- One of the most common advices on skin care is to avoid stress. Many say that stress leads to pimple breakouts. This is actually a fact. One more thing that stress can do to your skin is give it a rough texture. Stress actually makes the skin thinner and decreases its regenerating capability. It is often said that a face with too many wrinkles belongs to someone who has been through a lot of hardships. Science says it is indeed true. Stress can affect the texture of your skin. Stay away from stress or do not indulge stress if you want a smooth skin.
- You will often hear that getting into physical activities or working out helps in getting a beautiful and healthy skin. Get up from the couch and do some exercises as this actually helps in removing toxins in the skin. When you exercise the body produces more collagen. Collagen is responsible for the elasticity and smooth texture of the skin.
- If you care about your skin you should be able to stay away from too much sugar and dairy products. Step up to a healthier plate of fish, vegetables and olive oil.
- A good night’s rest is not just refreshing to your mind and body. When you have proper rest and sleep your skin is actually replenished.
- If you have heard someone say that drinking plenty of water is actually a good way to care for your skin, you have heard a very smart advice. The smarter thing to do is heed this advice. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses a day to keep your skin hydrated. You will notice that the fine lines on your skin are less noticeable when you are always hydrated. Blood flow is also improved with proper hydration and toxins in the body are flushed out.
- Argan oil is creating a big buzz in skin care products. You should actually get yourself a bottle of Argan oil as this is very good for the skin. It moisturizes and helps replenish the skin. This oil is packed with essential fatty acids, Vitamin E, Squalene and other antioxidants that are good for your skin.
- Never forget to apply sunscreen lotion every time you go out of the house. UV rays are damaging to the skin so be sure to get protected.
So are you properly caring for your skin?