Sometimes life can be unfair. Some women have the perfect genes and their skin flaunts this gift from the heavens. If you are on the other end of the spectrum and you feel like you have been cheated in life because of the type of skin you have showing fine lines, peppered with acne and acne scars, dry or oily then your envying and frustration will do you (and your skin) no good.
There is a reason why your skin is not as beautiful, clear, young looking and smooth as some women have. You should check your skin care regimen (if you do any) and your lifestyle. The good news is it’s never too late to start caring for your skin.
Here are some steps on how you can achieve a beautiful and young looking skin.
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser. Do this twice a day, before going to bed and after waking up. Removing dirt, grime, excess oil and other pollutants trapped in your pores will prevent your skin from breaking out. Also if you wear make up, make sure that you wash off your make up before sleeping in or as soon as you can.
- Apply sunscreen lotion everyday. The sun’s UV rays damage the skin the most. It destroys collagen in your skin and worse it can actually cause skin cancer. Every time you are going out of your house apply sunscreen lotion at least 15 minutes before heading out the door. Make sure that you use a sunscreen lotion with an SPF of at least 15.
- Apply moisturiser everyday. Use Argan oil as your daily moisturiser. After a bath or a shower pat your skin dry with your towel. Your skin should still be damp when you lather Argan oil to your skin. This oil contains Vitamin E, Carotenoids, Polyphenols, Linoleic acid, Ferulic acid, Squalene, Prostaglandins, Sterols and essential unsaturated fatty acids. These components of the oil are responsible for giving its moisturising and anti aging properties.
- Have you been exercising lately? Your sedentary lifestyle may be taking its toll on your skin. Gaining weight can actually lead to breakouts. This is because the fats that your body has been packing up are trying to find an outlet and of course the skin would be where the fats would start popping out as pimples.
- Are you getting enough sleep? Sleep is very important for your overall health, the mind and the body. Sleep at night is important to your skin as this is the time that skin cells repair and regenerate. Your skin cells need about 8 hours of sleep to complete repairing damaged cells and start regeneration.
- Are you still smoking? Many may have been telling you to quit smoking. If you want to have beautiful skin now is the right time to start cutting down on your smoking and gradually quit. Cigarettes do not just contain toxins. They also rob the skin oxygen and destroy collagen.
See to it that your skin care regimen actually benefits your skin and start changing your bad habits to have your dream of beautiful, young looking, clear and smooth skin.