Give your body a refreshing treat these hot days of summer. We know how much you love barbecues and grilled meat but a healthy salad will give you that refreshing feeling helping your body cool down. Here’s a great salad recipe to give you that refreshing feeling!
- Mixed Salad Greens – You will need 8 cups.
- Blueberries – 2 cups of fresh blueberries is enough.
- Blue Cheese or Gorgonzola – You only need half a cup. Make sure that you have them crumbled.
- Walnuts or Pecans – For that added crunch and toasty taste to your salad, have a quarter cup of chopped and toasted walnuts or pecans.
- Vinaigrette – Have a bottle handy.
- Culinary Argan Oil – A couple or two drizzles is good. The culinary Argan oil is loaded with antioxidants which help build a stronger immune system plus they help keep the skin protected from free radical damage. If there is one thing your skin needs badly especially during the summer season that would be extra protection.
Now that you have gathered all the ingredients you need, it is time to start preparing this healthy and refreshing salad. The best thing about making green salads is that its preparation is very quick and easy. Whether it’s your first time to whip up your own dish or you are pressed for time, you’ll have no trouble whipping up this salad recipe.
So let us get on with how you can prepare this tasty and healthy salad.
Grab a bowl and start tossing the first 4 ingredients we listed above. Drizzle with vinaigrette with as much or as little as you desire then toss gently so that all the ingredients are coated. Once done, add a drizzle or two of the culinary Argan oil. Voila, your salad is ready to be served!
How Healthy is This Salad?
Your salad greens or green leafy vegetables are nutritional powerhouses. They are a rich source of numerous minerals such as iron, calcium, potassium and magnesium. They are also loaded with numerous vitamins such as Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and many B vitamins. Green leafy vegetables also come with phytonutrients like beta carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin. These phytonutrients shield our cells from harm and damage as well as age-related problems. Dark green leaves also have small amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids.
Vitamins C and E
You probably know how important Vitamins C and E are. These two are potent antioxidants. They protect the body from free-radical damage and both also play a crucial role in strengthening the immune system. Vitamin C is known to prevent heart disease and if you long to have beautiful, healthy and youthful skin, Vitamin E is a trustworthy ally.
Not many people know just how crucial Vitamin K is to our health. This vitamin regulates blood clotting and protects our bones from osteoporosis. Vitamin K may also prevent and reduce atherosclerosis since it reduces calcium in arterial plaques. It may also play a key role in regulating inflammation and may shield us from inflammatory diseases such as arthritis. It may also help prevent diabetes.
The green leaves, blueberries and culinary Argan oil make this salad recipe a powerhouse of healthy nutrients.
Love this recipe? Like our Facebook page and share this to your friends.