Are you always excited for springtime? Most people are. Not many love the bitter cold of the winter season. When spring comes it’s like the world is waking up from a deep slumber. Life and colour springs up from the ground and all around. With all the beauty that springtime brings it also brings some nasty effects to the hair.
To keep your hair full of life and beauty in spring follow these hair care tips religiously.
Spring Season Caring for Your Hair
- Condition your hair at least once a week. The winter time does a good battering to the hair. Your hair becomes brittle, dry and frizzy after. This is because the bitter cold has robbed your hair of its natural moisture. To bring back your healthy hair in time for spring, use a great conditioner to bring back the moisture in your hair. Argan oil is one of your best picks when it comes to hair conditioners. Not only is this oil a great moisturiser it also strengthens the hair. This Moroccan oil is packed with antioxidants, Vitamin E, omega 3 and omega 9 fatty acids.
- Avoid blow drying your hair. It is best to air dry your hair. You should also avoid rubbing dry your hair with your towel. You would be creating friction and static which would only lead to frizz and hair breakage.
- Protect your hair from the sun! The sun’s Ultra Violet or UV rays damage not just the skin but also the hair. Whenever you would be going out and be exposed under the sun, you should see to it that your hair is protected. Use a hat or a scarf to cover your hair. You can also use a sunscreen product for the hair to minimise the harsh effects of UV rays to your hair.
- Protect your hair from rough winds! Spring time is no stranger to rough winds. The strong blowing of the winds can cause hair breakage, frizz and dryness. You should protect your hair by using clips, ponytails or a headband.
- Combat humidity by washing the hair everyday! During the spring season the air can be very humid. High humidity causes you to sweat a lot. If you allow sweat to pool on your scalp this may result to hair loss as the roots of your hair become loose. Remember to go natural when drying your hair and ditch the hair dryer.
- Give your hair a hot oil massage. Let your hair spring back to life with a hot oil massage. To improve dry, brittle and frizzy hair due to the winter’s bitter battering on your hair a hot oil massage is necessary.
You can use the Argan oil for this massage. Just heat some water and add in the oil. Massage your hair and scalp with the now warm oil for about 20 minutes. Grab a towel to cover your hair with and leave the oil for about 15 to 30 minutes. Wash the hair after using a mild shampoo.
Your hair is ready to spring back to life just like the blooms in 6 easy steps.