Still suffering from a heartbreak this month dedicated to celebrating love? If this coming Valentine’s Day you have no one to have dinner with or you are still fresh from a break up then feed your soul with a delicious dish. Cure your heartache with a delicious warm meal from your kitchen.
Cooking can take your mind off from the heartbreak you are going through. Keeping busy is the key to acceptance and moving on. Serve yourself a sumptuous and heartmending fettuccine!
Fettuccine to Mend a Broken Heart
This dish is easy to prepare even if this would be your first time to prepare a meal. Wipe your tears dry and start cooking. You’ll feel better once you do!
What You Will Need
Head out to your grocery store and shop for these ingredients!
- Fettuccine – Use any brand of pasta that you love. Get a 500-gram pack and use about 1/4 of the entire content.
- Chicken Breast – 1 or 2 pieces would be enough. Take out the skin and have them in strips
- Carrots – 1 or 2 medium sized carrots will do. Cut the carrots anyway you want.
- Brocolli – You’ll need just half of a medium sized brocolli head.
- Green Onion – About half of a small onion is enough. Mince the onion.
- Bacon – 3 strips of bacon is enough.
- All Purpose Cream – Get the 250 ml pack. You would need about half of the pack.
- Argan oil – You’ll need about 1 tablespoon.
- Olive oil – 3 tablespoons will do.
- Salt – To taste
- Pepper – You can do with or without the pepper. Sprinkle as much as you prefer.
Preparing the Fetuccine Dish
- Step 1. The first step is to cook your bacon. On a frying pan, place your bacon strips and put enough amount of water to cover the strips. Put your stove in high heat and once the oil starts to come out the strips, take out the bacon. Cut the strips into smaller strips.
- Step 2. On the same pan, put in the strips of chicken breast and allow the oil from the bacon to cook it. Wait for the chicken pieces to turn brown on both sides.
- Step 3. Remove the bacon oil from your pan. You can rinse the pan off with water and wipe it dry. Pour in the Olive oil and saute your onions, brocolli and carrots. Once the vegetables are half cooked, add in the chicken strips and the bacon strips.
- Step 4. Pour in half of the All purpose cream. Make sure that your heat is medium or low to not overcook the cream. Add in some water if the cream is too heavy. Add salt to taste. Once the cream is cooked. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Step 4. Boil your fettuccine pasta. Once al dente, drain out the water and pour the pasta on the pan with the sauce. On low heat, stir in the pasta to the sauce. Make sure that the sauce coats your pasta evenly.
- Step 5. Serve on a plate and right before taking your first taste, drizzle on some Argan oil on your fettuccine dish.