When the season of blooms arrives your skin can get dry and dull. Give your skin a lot of love during springtime to keep it healthy and beautiful. Here are some helpful tips on how to care for the skin during springtime.
Springtime Skin Care
- Exfoliate at least twice a week! Your skin needs exfoliation so that the layers of dead skin cells are removed and reveal the young and healthy skin underneath. Your body sheds off dead skin cells everyday and the layers of old and dead skin cells from the winter season have already accumulated. Exfoliating also excites the body to produce new skin cells. It also allows circulation which results to a beautiful skin complexion. Remember to use mild exfoliates such as fine oatmeal, pumice or tea tree bark.
- Tone! Toning should follow after the skin has been exfoliated. Toning helps in calming down the skin and gives the skin back its protective acid mantle. It is better to use botanical toners such as extracts of Aloe Vera or rosemary to prevent the skin from drying out.
- Moisturise daily! The skin loses its essential oils from being exposed to the elements, washing and perspiring. These essential oils acts as the skins natural layer of protection. This is why it is important to moisturise daily. It is best to use Argan oil as the skin’s moisturiser. This is because Argan oil contains ingredients that are beneficial to the skin. It contains high levels of Sterols, Vitamin E, and essential unsaturated fatty acids which help in keeping the skin moisturised and healthy. It is also loaded with antioxidants that help prevent skin aging. Moisturise after toning the skin or after being outdoors and exposed to the elements. It is also ideal that you moisturise the skin after a bath or a shower. Don’t skip moisturising the skin to avoid developing the signs of skin aging or avoid dry and damaged skin.
- Apply sunscreen daily! You may think that it would be okay to go out under the sun without sun protection because the weather is temperate during springtime. This is the most common mistake that many people make. You need to use sunscreen lotion even when the sun is hidden by clouds. Even during the winter season you need to apply sunscreen lotion. This is because the sun’s UV rays can penetrate through clouds and are just as harmful. (Think wrinkles, fine lines and worse skin cancer) Use a sunscreen lotion that has an SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of at least 15 and remember to lather it on the skin 15 minutes before stepping outside. Keep in mind that if you go out of your house everyday you need to apply sunscreen lotion to your skin every single day.
- Keep your body hydrated! This is a crucial key into getting beautiful and healthy skin. See to it that you drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day.
When the world is full of colours don’t let your skin become dry and dull. These 5 tips will definitely let you have that darling skin during springtime!