During this summer season your skin can be exposed to a lot of harmful elements. Most of us will be frolicking under the sun and wading in pools. The fun things that the summer season brings can actually harm the skin.
However this is not a reason for you to just stay in. You surely would miss a lot of fun if you do so. You just need to care for your skin during this season of heat to avoid getting your skin completely battered.
Summer Skin Care Tips
Extreme heat, UV rays, chlorine, sea salt, wind and humidity are the elements that your skin would be most exposed to this summer. Wrinkles, age spots, sun spots and skin cancer are the most common effects of unprotected exposure to the sun.
Because of the extreme heat and high humidity during the summer season your skin is more prone to rashes and acne breakouts. If you love dipping or swimming in the pool your skin and hair can become dry because of the chlorine in the water.
But there is a way for you to protect your skin this summer. Here are the seven commandments of skin care during the fun and hot days of summer.
- Don’t forget to moisturise. Although it is most common during the summer season that your skin is oily than dry never leave out moisturising your skin. Use Argan oil to moisturise your face and your whole body. Argan oil contains Vitamin E, Sterols, Carotenoids, Polyphenols, Ferulic acid, essential unsaturated fatty acids and Prostaglandins. These components give this oil the ability to moisturise the skin and fight skin aging. The antioxidants of this oil protect the skin from the damaging effects of UV rays and free radicals.
- Never step out of your house without sun protection. Wear your shades, summer hats and of course don’t forget to apply sunscreen lotion with at least SPF (Sun Protection Factor) 15. Remember to apply sunscreen lotion at least 15 minutes before heading out the door. If you sweat a lot reapply sunscreen lotion after every 2 hours.
- Don’t forget to apply lip balm. Make sure that your lip balm has at least SPF 15. The lips are prone to skin cancer so make sure you keep your lips protected too.
- Wear sun protective clothing. Wear long sleeved shirt, your beach hat and sunglasses for the time of the day when the sun is at its peak. There are clothes especially made for sun protection.
- If you love having a tan skip the tanning salon or basking underneath the sun for long hours.Tanning beds and basking under the sun for lengthy hours can actually cause cancer, wrinkles, blemishes and age spots. You can instead opt for spray tans or airbrushing.
- Regular exfoliating is a must. Your regular exposure to the sun, sand and constant application of sunscreen lotion and perspiring will only heighten the amount of dead skin cells build up on your face and body. Use an exfoliating scrub or loofah twice a week to remove dead skin cells.
- To avoid heat rash, do your best to keep cool and dry.
If you follow these skin care tips then your skin will stay healthy, smooth and glowing under the summer heat.