Summer is just a few days away. It’s time for some fun in the sand, adventure, relaxation, and tasty light meals. We scoured the net for some easy to prepare recipes for great-tasting light meals perfect for the summer season.
Let’s get cooking.
Light and Tasty Recipes Perfect for the Summer Season
Summer Corn and Tomato Pasta by Rachel Ray
Here are the ingredients you will need.
- Bow Tie pasta – A pound is enough if you’re serving for 4 people.
- Culinary Argan oil or extra virgin olive oil – You’ll need just 2 tablespoons
- Garlic cloves – A couple of smashed garlic cloves is enough
- Cherry tomatoes – 1 pint
- Fresh corn – 3 ears, kernels cut off
- Unsalted butter – 2 tablespoons is enough
- Fresh basil leaves – You’ll need ¼ cup. Tear the leaves into pieces
- Put enough water in a large pot, add some salt and a couple drizzles of olive oil. Put the pasta in once the water is boiling and cook until al dente. Drain.
- Grab a large skillet and heat the culinary Argan oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and tomatoes. Stir occasionally until the tomatoes are soft. This takes about 5 minutes. Add in the corn and raise the heat a little bit. Cook the corn until it’s golden. This takes about another 5 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Lastly, add the vegetables, butter and basil to the pasta and then toss!
Grilled Salmon Recipe
If you love fish then you will love this grilled salmon recipe. With temperatures soaring high during the summer season, tasty and light meals like this grilled salmon recipe are absolutely perfect! Another fantastic thing about this dish is that it’s very easy to prepare.
- Salmon – You can get whichever salmon you want whether it’s filleted, a whole salmon or sliced belly.
- Salt – for seasoning
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
Ingredients for the Side Dipping
- Garlic – Minced
- Scallion or Spring onion – Chop it up
- Fish sauce – 2-3 tablespoons
- Lemon – Slice the lemon in 2
- Season the salmon with salt. You may also add pepper and herbs. Squeeze the half lemon juice out into the fish
- Grill the salmon until the juices come out.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in the pan and saute the garlic until golden brown. Once done pour the garlic with the oil in a saucer or sauce dish.
- Add in the chopped scallion or spring onion into the saucer then add in the fish sauce. Lastly add the juice from the second half lemon slice. Mix it lightly.
- Serve the salmon with the sauce on the side.
Enjoy the intensely fun days of summer with these delicious dishes!
Do you know of other great recipes for tasty and light meals perfect for the summer season? Share them with us!
Like our Facebook page and share this post to your friends!