Most women would never tell you how old they really are. Once women crossed the 30 year mark it would be rude to ask them the question regarding their age. This is at least the culture in most western countries.
For most women living in the modern world the beauty of their skin is one of their treasures.
In fact many women beam when people give them a comment that they look so young. They feel a sense of pride. You probably know what it feels when somebody would guess your age and the age they give out is way younger than your actual age.
Many women think that to keep their skin looking young they would have to go under cosmetic procedures. The truth is slowing down skin aging depends on how you care for your skin. It also is a myth that skin care costs a fortune. There are skin care products that you would need but you would not need a lot of them.
Many women also have this impression that the more expensive the skin care product is the more effective they are. This is another myth that women need to stop believing in. Women also need to understand that skin care products are formulated for specific skin types. This means that what works for your sister, mother, colleague or your neighbour may not work for you as you may have different skin types.
Basics to Keeping the Skin Young
Here are the basics you need to know when you want to keep the youthfulness of your skin.
- Know your skin type. Once you figure out what your skin type is (dry, oily, dry and oily and acne prone) you would know which skin care products would be best to use on your skin.
- Collagen keeps the elasticity and smooth texture of the skin. As we grow older it is natural that the collagen level in our body decreases. The number 1 culprit of premature skin aging is UV rays. UV rays attack the skin by destroying collagen thus speeding up the process of skin aging. To avoid this from happening, lather on sunscreen lotion every time you are outdoors.
- Tanning beds also have UV rays. You should avoid tanning beds at all cost if you want to avoid your skin having wrinkles at an earlier stage.
- Everyday the skin loses its moisture and essential oils. When you wash your skin and when you perspire the skin loses its essential oils and natural moisture. This is why you need to moisturise the skin everyday.
- Argan oil is very beneficial to the skin. You can use it to moisturise the skin because of its high content of Sterols, Vitamin E and essential unsaturated fatty acids. The Argan oil also has anti aging components such as Polyphenols, Ferulic acid and Carotenoids.
- Heat also contributes to skin aging. You should avoid basking in the sun for a long time as well as showering or bathing in hot water. Use lukewarm water in bathing or showering.
- Avoid stress, get enough sleep, stop smoking, minimise alcohol consumption, start exercising regularly and start eating a healthy and balanced diet to prevent skin aging.