Mother’s Day is just a few days away. Have you figured out how you would make this day special for your mother?Why not try making Mother’s Day special by preparing her a special dinner? Our mothers have been cooking for us for a long time so it would be a great idea to return the favour. She would really feel special if you take the time and effort preparing a special dinner for her! Prepare her favourites!
Is your mom fond of seafoods and spicy dishes? If she is then why not prepare her Spicy Shrimp and Spaghetti in Garlic and Oil? Don’t worry if you haven’t had the chance to hone your culinary skills just yet. This recipe is very easy to prepare!
Spicy Shrimp and Spaghetti in Garlic and Moroccan Argan Oil
Here’s the list of what you will need. This recipe serves four so if you will behaving more than four people, just do the adjustments.
Spice the Shrimps Up
To make the spicy shrimp, here’s what you’ll need.
- Shrimp – You’ll need about 2 pounds of jumbo shrimp. Peel and devein them.
- Lemon – One is enough. You’ll need the juice.
- Parsley – You will need a handful or two of chopped flat leaf parsley. If you have to know the exact measurement, this is 1/4 cup.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes – You’ll need a teaspoon.
- Garlic – 4 cloves of peeled and crushed garlic is enough.
- Salt – About a teaspoon of coarse salt.
- Extra Virgin Olive oil – 2 tablespoons is enough.
The Spaghetti in Garlic Oil
Here’s what you’ll need to make the Spaghetti Garlic Oil
- Virgin Olive oil – A quarter cup
- Anchovy fillets – 2 ounces
- Garlic – 8 cloves, crushed and minced.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes – Half a teaspoon
- Parsley – quarter cup of finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Spaghetti – 1 pound. Cook it al dente.
- Moroccan Argan Oil – You’ll need 2 tablespoons to drizzle the dish with. This oil is packed with antioxidants and essential fatty acids. This culinary oil is great tasting and healthy for the heart, brain, and overall body!
Put your apron on and let’s get busy in the kitchen.
- Start combining all the ingedients for the spicy shrimp. Toss so that the shrimps get coated evenly.
- Start heating your nonstick skillet on medium high heat and add just half of the coated shrimps. Once the shrimps turn pink and firm, place them in a platter. Do the same for the half of the shrimps. This is to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- On the same pan but with medium low heat, add the 1.4 cup of olive oil. Start adding the anchovies, garlic and pepper flakes in the oil as well. With a wooden spoon, you can break up the anchovies in the pan. It will melt into the oil and garlic mixture.
- Start tossing the al dente spaghetti in the pan of garlic oil mixture. Season with salt to taste.
- Before serving, drizzle the spaghetti with Moroccan Argan oil for that healthy boost!
Voila! Spicy Shrimp Spaghetti in Aglio Olio or Garlic Oil is done! Pretty easy right! Your mom will surely feel special with a home-cooked meal!