More consumers are now aware of the toxic chemicals found in numerous popular personal care products such as shampoos and conditioners. This is the reason why many are now switching to organic beauty and personal care products. Organic hair care products have ingredients that are derived from plants and they come without the harmful chemicals that can harm your health. One can even use organic shampoos every day since they are made with gentle ingredients.
Beware of Fake Organic Products
Because the demand for organic beauty and personal care products has been on the rise for several years now, many companies have already started producing organic products. However this very same demand brought about products that come with a label of “organic” or “all-natural” but the truth is they are not really organic or natural products and the worse part is they contain toxic chemicals. Consumers should be wary of such labeling in products. The best way to avoid these fake organic products is to read the ingredients.
Make Your Own Organic Hair Care Product
If you have time to spare and you are willing to do the work, you can make your own organic hair care product. This is the best way to ensure that nothing harmful goes into your shampoo or conditioner.
Ingredients for Organic Shampoo
Here are the things you would need for your organic shampoo.
- Fresh or Dried Herbs – You’ll need 4 tbsp.
- Water – Half a cup
- Liquid Castile Soap – This is an odorless soap made from olive oil. You’ll need 1/2 cup.
- Cider Vinegar – 1/2 oz is enough.
- Enhancer – You can use 2 tbsp vodka, or 1 cup of beer or 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel or 2 tbsp of Argan oil.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl and mixing spoon – non-metal preferably.
- Plastic squeeze bottle or a glass container with a tight lid
- Put the dried or fresh herbs in your bowl and then pour in ½ cup of hot water. Allow it to soak for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Strain the water and then throw out the herbs. Stir in the Castile soap and then put in the vinegar.
- Put in your enhancer. If you want to give your hair shine, use beer or vodka. If you have dry hair, Argan oil is ideal while for oily hair, aloe vera gel is great. If you’re using beer, let a cup boil into the pan then wait until it is reduced to ¼ cup before stirring it in. If you’re using Argan oil, add ¼ cup of water after putting it in the bowl then stir in.
- Transfer your very own organic hair shampoo to your plastic squeeze bottle or glass container. Remember to shake it well before using.
Ready to make your own organic hair shampoo? We’ll discuss how to make your own organic hair conditioner in one of our future posts.
Keep asking your friends to like our Facebook page
and we’ll keep posting more health and beauty tips!